It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

mayjune2 HB User
loss of a friend

as of today i decided to end an on again off again friendship with my friend ginger. it hurt me deeply.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: loss of a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune2 View Post
as of today i decided to end an on again off again friendship with my friend ginger. it hurt me deeply.
Dear May,

If you are up to talking about this further, we are all ears.

Take care.

Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
(female)

mayjune2 HB User
Unhappy Re: loss of a friend

giner and i met in the 8th grade in a share time program at woodbridge votech and we became close friends. in high school we were close till our senior year. i didn't talk to her for about a year when out of the blue i got a letter from her and we began to close again. then i started studying the bible with jehovah's witnesses in november of 2003 which bought us even closer. then in december 2005 i was baptised and she there for me but whne i finally saw her i became shy and awkward around her. then we started having little fights that hurt me deeply so i told her that i needed a break from our friendship for awhile. so we did and sfter a few months we slowly began to reconncet but then this past sunday we went to the movies and she felt i wasn't a good friend because i didn't pay for my own movie ticket. so i decided it was time to end this friendship

Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

May,

There seems to be a much larger issue than simply the movie ticket.

Your reaction to her and the fact that you were feeling awkward seems to be due to the fact that you are obtaining a deeper understanding of your religion.

Seems to me she is uncomfortable with you being a Witness.

Sad to say, it may be time to look to much greener pastures; this one seems to be browning.

Be good and always stay true to yourself.

Ryan

Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

I have lots of questions here. Why do you think that you became shy and ackward around her? Have you felt this with anyone else? Why didn't you buy your own movie ticket? Who started the fights and what were they about?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
(female)

mayjune2 HB User

question 1: i don't know maybe we weren't that close to begin with.
question 2: no i don't unless i meet someone new but i knew since the 8th grade
question 3: i was strapped for cash but i could have had we discussed this before we bought the tickets.
question 4: it's hard to say who started the fights because both of us had our points to be made in emails and letters. they were about various different thing like recently we argued when the New Kids on the Block came out 1984 or 1990

now ryan it seems to me as well we were closer when i was a presbyterain. also ryan you can call me april that is my name. i have closed the door on the friendship with her.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:

now ryan it seems to me as well we were closer when i was a presbyterain. also ryan you can call me april that is my name. i have closed the door on the friendship with her.
Dear April,

Were you both Presbyterian back then?

Did you go to church with her on occasion, prior to you becoming a witness?

It seems to me that you two became friends approximately around the beginning of your teenage years.

That point in time represents a lot and by the end of senior year, society considered you a young woman.

It could be also that the two of you simply grew apart; it happens.

I've had plenty of "friends" in high school but as my view of the world changed, I noticed that so did my preference in friends.

Life's experiences are but one indicator but I think you get my drift.
----------------------------------
There are times that I think to myself "oh my dear friend ******* from high school" but when I do, I in turn say: "he probably has a career, is married and has a few children by now."

As I am saddened by the fact that I pictured my friend as such(we were "thick as thieves") I was happy because I realized that he had to move on with his life and he has changed, as have I.

I'm just drawing reference here.

As you already know, people come in and out of our lives at different intervals and for different reasons.

It just seems that the two of you are in "different places" at this point in time.

Take care.

Ryan

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

A argument started over when a band came out? From your perspective why did you pursue this into an argument?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
(female)

mayjune2 HB User

proabably becuase gigner has to always be right never wrong. she can lay blame but can't accept blame

Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #10
(female)

mayjune2 HB User

when we met in the 8th grade i was presbyterain and she was and strtill is a jehovah's witness. but were really frinds is question because we never hung out outside of school and in some cases in school.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
proabably becuase gigner has to always be right never wrong. she can lay blame but can't accept blame
This is how she chooses to behave. It takes two to tango. How else could you handle these situations? You do not have to be dragged into a silly argument. If Ginger always has to be right and if you are pulled into these arguments this says to me that you must hate to lose or something or be wrong yourself? You can always say "let's agree to disagree here".

Last edited by Sannah; 09-10-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
(female)

mayjune2 HB User

ginger says we are too different but i guess we aren't different but the same as in we both have to win and be right

Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

May, and you have the power to change YOUR behavior....

Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
(female)

mayjune2 HB User

no time as the present

Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

You go girl!

Closed Thread