It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User
Red face Very ANGRY and frustrated!

I am totally stressed out with the job search. It is like my life, a rollercoaster. I get all hyped up and then after the interviews, companies do not feel the need to let you know anything one way or the other. I think that is rude and inconsiderate!

Two things I am angry about..today the Manager for the job interview that I went to was not even there! She "forgot" and had left for the day. I was told she would call me later but she did not. I was really ******. After taking great pains to look nice and then driving 25 miles, it was unreal to me. I have never had that happen before. I had a bad feeling about the whole thing anyway. Thank goodness I have a job interview for a good job, if it pays decently, in the morning.

It is so frustrating to me to get my hopes up and so excited, only to be let down with no explanation.

Number two is even worse. My dad is being so nasty to both me and my mom. For one thing, he went off his Lexapro on his own about 4 months ago and starting drinking about 3 glasses of wine a day for his "heart". Ha ha. He is not fooling me. I know he feels stressed and pushed financially but he has been really unbearable today.

He is so hyper and volatile right now. We have had some near knock down drag out fights. He expects me to say nothing to his nasty cut downs. Sometimes I do to keep the peace, because I am not in the mood and cannot handle the confrontation. He is a bully. He does not treat anyone else this way. He is getting senile and needs to be at least on an antidepressant to calm him down and improve his outlook. He also should be on one of the meds to prevent worsening of his dementia. However, getting him to do that will be near impossible.

I have been near tears and very stressed today because of all this. I feel powerless. I wish there was a way to get some help or intervention. My sister says she will not get involved and blames both of us!!! I am bending over backwards to not get him angry. I am totally ****** right now. He did threaten to beat me and put me out on the street once in one of his rages.

It is either here or a shelter for me. I have no where else to go. I pray that I get this job tomorrow or something SOON!!! I have realized that nothing I do will make him happy. He actually yells and picks on my poor mom that is defenseless and dares me to say a word. I have had some very evil thoughts towards him, I have been dealing with this 2 years now.

I am just now to a point that I really think I can go back to work. I tried 2 jobs that were miserable failures, I could not handle the stress.

I almost want to call the police on him, but you cannot do anything for emotional abuse which is so wrong. I really hate him sometimes.

Sorry for the long rant, but I am actually cutting this short.

Wish me luck tomorrow!!

karen51

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Very ANGRY and frustrated!

Dear Karen,

Good luck with your interview.

It is said that when we place expectations too highly or "put all our eggs in one basket" we often set ourselves up to be disappointed.

Being optimistic is a key factor here but even more than that is perseverance.

If worse came to worse and you are of age, I am almost certain that Social Services will help you financially(probably a room).

Seems like your father has his own issues to deal with; try to stay clear of him (if it is possible) because we both don't want to see you on the streets.

Focus and keep your eyes on the prize.

Let your father's attitude be a motivator for you instead of a constant annoyance.

(just my opinion)

Take care,God Bless and good luck.

Phoenix

Old 09-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Karen, yeah, there is no winning with your dad. Sorry that you have always had to put up with this. Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

Old 09-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User
Wink Re: Very ANGRY and frustrated!

Thanks Sannah and Phoenix,

Today I have still not felt well, yesterday when I was so upset I pigged out on ice cream that was no sugar added and it gave me a severe stomach ache that woke me up out of a deep sleep last night.

I finally feel less stressed out. Sleeping is my solitude and haven.

Today my dad just started being ugly to my mom because she made a comment, that had nothing to do with him. I asked him if he would rather no one in this house spoke except him and he actually said "Yes, that would be wonderful"
AND he was dead serious. So I will just give him the silent treatment. He is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I cannot change him, my therapist really helps me to see that trying to reason with him, or analyze him is useless. I had called her yesterday because the stress was mounting up. I wish my mom would use the silent treatment on him also, but I seriously doubt she will. He has her right under his thumb!!!

Sometimes I feel like going to a shelter, I know being in the hospital and away from him is so wonderful. Except that I am in the hospital. I do not ever want to have to go back to that place.

Phoenix, I AM perservering, even filled out a job application today, as discouraged as I feel. That was a step forward for me...

Thanks again, I love you guys...

karen

Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen51 View Post
Number two is even worse. My dad is being so nasty to both me and my mom. For one thing, he went off his Lexapro on his own about 4 months ago and starting drinking about 3 glasses of wine a day for his "heart". Ha ha. He is not fooling me. I know he feels stressed and pushed financially but he has been really unbearable today.

He is so hyper and volatile right now. We have had some near knock down drag out fights. He expects me to say nothing to his nasty cut downs. Sometimes I do to keep the peace, because I am not in the mood and cannot handle the confrontation. He is a bully. He does not treat anyone else this way. He is getting senile and needs to be at least on an antidepressant to calm him down and improve his outlook. He also should be on one of the meds to prevent worsening of his dementia. However, getting him to do that will be near impossible.

I have been near tears and very stressed today because of all this. I feel powerless. I wish there was a way to get some help or intervention. My sister says she will not get involved and blames both of us!!! I am bending over backwards to not get him angry. I am totally ****** right now. He did threaten to beat me and put me out on the street once in one of his rages.
Hi Karen,
Just wanted to pitch in and wish you the best with finding a new job. Mostly also to say that I truly do understand where you're coming from in regards to your dad. If you read my post "This one is for me"....you'll see I know all about having a volatile and angry parent...and the pressure and stress that comes with it. Sadly, I'm no better off, and am still dealing with it tonight. But I did just want to say "I understand girl"....Sigh...you're not alone!!!

Caroline

Closed Thread