It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
(female)

angel-86 HB User
Exclamation Don't Know Anymore

I don't know how to feel anymore at times I feel really good and at times I feel really down...this week has been a down week for me. I've had a lot happening this year, my 21st, my parents started arguing, I just broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years, I've had a lot of commitments with my study and it is all getting to me now. I've tried crying for help many of times but no one wants to listen long enough. I have been a bottler all my life and I'm trying to let it all go now but it doesn't seem to be working.

I would really like some help but I am scared of talking to counsellors I know that is stupid but I don't know where to start.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
(male)

SycamoreLeaf HB User
Re: Don't Know Anymore

I hope that I can help - I was a "bottler" for nearly 20 years and it does no good whatsoever. Seek help now before it gets any worse. Do not be ashamed - it is not your fault.

If your family won't help go to your doctor and talk to them they will know where to get you the help you need. Don't just ask for meds as they might not be the long term answer. The road to recovery starts with the correct diagnosis.

Good Luck and Keep Smiling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-86 View Post
I don't know how to feel anymore at times I feel really good and at times I feel really down...this week has been a down week for me. I've had a lot happening this year, my 21st, my parents started arguing, I just broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years, I've had a lot of commitments with my study and it is all getting to me now. I've tried crying for help many of times but no one wants to listen long enough. I have been a bottler all my life and I'm trying to let it all go now but it doesn't seem to be working.

I would really like some help but I am scared of talking to counsellors I know that is stupid but I don't know where to start.
Dear angel,

I hear you, truly I do.

Living with "life on life's terms" can be a bit much at times but you will get through this.

I bet you don't even realize your strengths(bear with me;i will explain).
------------------------------------
It takes strength and mental energy to think "outside of the box" which is what you have done.

You came here for our advice and opinions: strength.

By doing so, you have realized that nothing is going to come to you, you must go out there and pursue what you need.

If you would like to talk further, know that we are here to listen and will not judge you.

As I always say "when in doubt, post it out."

Take care.

Ryan

Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-86 View Post
I've tried crying for help many of times but no one wants to listen long enough. I have been a bottler all my life and I'm trying to let it all go now but it doesn't seem to be working.
Why are you scared of talking to counselors? You can start "unbottling" here if you want...

I don't think that the road to recovery starts with the right diagnosis. IMO the road to recovery starts with talking about the issues and resolving them. No matter which mental health board that I am on here the issues are all the same and the issues are what are causing the distress IMO.

Last edited by Sannah; 09-07-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Closed Thread