It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
(female)

becks77 HB User
could it be returning? :-(

i dont usually use this part of the board, althouggh im a regular on teh cervical cancer part.

so first a brief history of me.

in feb 2006 i had my first large bout of depression, it had been coming on fro years, i'd gone through a messy divorce on behavioural grounds, and then had a staff member from hell at work...that was my last push.

i was off work fro seven weeks in total, and on fleuxotine fro a year.

i saw a counsellor for a while, and have recently been rerefered to one.

still to this day i suffer severe nightmares, and anxiety attacks, but i've learnt to cope with them.

anyway i've had abit on my palte of late: last nov i had an abnormal smear, which lead to biopsies, and in june this year i hada leep performed to remove high grade cells from teh cervix (ones which if not removed are mroe liekly to becoem cancerous).

i'ma lso on teh market trying o sell my hosue, and have been fro four months.

well uive started tos truggle with my weighta gain, shot up to my all time highest,a nd last week put ion 4 1/2lb in a week.

then i totally skipped a period this month - not rpenancy related as im totally off sex, but did a test just incase.

following taht tghe hairdresser has now said my hair is thinning on top, and its possibly aklapecia!!!!im only 30 years old :-(

i keep telling myself im fine, but i dont knwo anymore if i am or if this is all my nody trying to tell me im not.

i knwo if i return to the docs he will just put em back on medication, and well to eb hoenst i dont wnat that. has anyoen got any coping statergies? and has anyoen else lost their hair through stress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: could it be returning? :-(

Dear becks,

Welcome to this board.

Doctors and other clinicians are in place to provide us with as much help as they are certified to.

If they feel that you need to be on meds, they may be looking out for your best interest(what do you think?).

Recurring nightmares and anxiety are symptoms of PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).

Please take care of yourself and it wouldn't hurt to ask your clinician if they felt you suffered from the aforementioned disorder.

We may not always want to do what is best for us but in order to keep functioning, it is necessary.

Take care and God Bless you.

Ryan

Closed Thread