It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

alone22 HB User
I've never felt so alone

I have been diagnosed with depression for many many years now but I finally opened myself up to trying to have a relationship with someone. I dated this guy for about 8months. He is the first guy Ive ever had a relationship with. Well a few weeks ago we ended it. Yesterday he left a message on my phone telling me that he just started dating another girl and that she lives near where I do. He just wanted to let me know just in case I ever bumped into him he would act like he never knew me.
For some reason this hurts so much. I thought I had dealt with my missing him but this phone call is tearing me up.
I have no one I can turn to or ask for comfort from. Im suffering alone. My friends dont know anything about it but none of them want to talk right now and I cant go to my family for support in this.
I just feel so alone and dont know what to do with these feelings. I cant seem to make the crying stop . I didnt know where else to go to try to get it out.
This year has been so hard on me with everything that has happened in my family and then this. Ive got no one that I can go to and just cry with.

Last edited by alone22; 09-08-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I've never felt so alone

Dear alone,

It is unfortunate that the low level of maturity with your ex is so prevalent but look at it this way; better to know what type of person he can be now and thank your stars that you are no longer with him.

You deserve so much better than a person who would resort to a tactic such as that.

There are many decent men out there; don't give up on us just yet.

This was your first relationship and new feelings began to manifest themselves.

In time, you will be able to trust again and find someone better equipped to spend your time with.

His loss.

Take care.

Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1 View Post
There are many decent men out there; don't give up on us just yet.
Good advice Phoenix, especially about the maturity level of that guy, he certainly is no MAN. I quoted you because I really wonder if there are ANY decent guys out there. Men have made my whole life hell. Of course, I have been sick and I am better. I have not even dated since my descent into this nightmare.

I think I have given up. I try to be friendly, but most guys act like they are above speaking to me. I do not act inappropriately, but say, at the library or some other such place. The only place I ever had a guy talk to me has been in a bar...terrible place or on an internet dating site...horrible place.

I cannot for the life of me figure it out. People say I am beautiful, I am not skinny, but I am losing weight fast because of my new no sugar diet. I just do not get it. I must send out some message that I am poisonous or weird..but I do not get that from anyone other than a guy I speak to or meet on the street.

I don't mean to hijack this post, sorry alone22. You are definitely better off that it happened now rather than after you had invested more of yourself and more time with this guy. I am really sorry you are hurting. Wish I could say more to help.

karen51

Last edited by karen51; 09-08-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: why was "*****" starred out?

Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alone22 View Post
I have been diagnosed with depression for many many years now but I finally opened myself up to trying to have a relationship with someone. I dated this guy for about 8months. He is the first guy Ive ever had a relationship with. Well a few weeks ago we ended it. Yesterday he left a message on my phone telling me that he just started dating another girl and that she lives near where I do. He just wanted to let me know just in case I ever bumped into him he would act like he never knew me.
For some reason this hurts so much. I thought I had dealt with my missing him but this phone call is tearing me up.
I have no one I can turn to or ask for comfort from. Im suffering alone. My friends dont know anything about it but none of them want to talk right now and I cant go to my family for support in this.
I just feel so alone and dont know what to do with these feelings. I cant seem to make the crying stop . I didnt know where else to go to try to get it out.
This year has been so hard on me with everything that has happened in my family and then this. Ive got no one that I can go to and just cry with.
Hi Alone! I just passed by your post. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! I and everyone else really feels for you right now.You had feelings for someone that you thought cared the same way. WHAT AN INSENSITIVE IGNORANT JERK THAT GUY IS!!! YOU ARE SO BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM AND HIS LACK OF RESPECT FOR WHATEVER YOU TWO HAD!! I WOULDN'T SPIT ON THE BEST PART OF HIM!!! I suffer from depression too and had gone out with a couple of beauts years ago which I'm sure helped to contribute to my early depressive years, but now that I'm in my 50's that would be the day that I would let some jerk get me down too! He actually did you a big favor. God bless you--you are not alone and it might be worth your while to call and see about getting into therapy or a support group. Keep coming back to the board and sharing because we all care about you. Take care and warm fuzzies--Hopeto--

Old 09-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
(female)

alone22 HB User

Karen51 I dont mind what you said. Me and you are kind of in the same boat. Most men ignore me too. The only time most talk to me is in a bar or on the internet. Im an introvert so Ive always figured that is why most ignore me.
Everyone else, thank you so much for the responses. Im feeling a little better today. Havent cried yet about it today. I cant stop thinking about it yet but Im trying. I dont want someone that would try to hurt me purposely like that to have control over me anymore. If he can move on so quickly I should be able to also right? I dont know, but thank you for the replies. I am so grateful for this message board.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

It's ok to feel a bit crappy for awhile....even when jerks leave and it's for the better...it's still a loss, so it's sort of natural imo.

Think of it as practice...you got into the dating world right? You know you can do it now. Ha....now look out world....you are ready to conquer it. The dead weight is gone....you learned something from this....time to move on to better things.

Whoever he is with.....deserves what they get! *think smiling devil* You certainly will do much better with him gone.... NEXT!!

Closed Thread