It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 465
Therag HB User
Wedding party

Hi. It's been a while since I posted and the reason I post is because I went to a wedding with my sister on Saturday. Anyway in the party after a few drinks I was feeling relaxed but I still felt alone because most people there had a partner with them(I'd gone with my sister because her boyfriend couldn't make it) and I get feelings of jealousy when I see couples. Anyway the drink soon made me forget the feelings and I got on the dance floor. One of the bridesmaids was also dancing and she was with her brother, so I put out my hand in a gesture to invite her to dance with me, she just said ''no, no!'', walked off the dance floor and ignored me through the rest of the evening. What did I do wrong? Did she think I was ugly, creepy o'r whatever? What harm was there that I just wanted a dance with a girl? Anyway I spent the rest of the night sitting in a corner alone feeling sorry for myself, and I still feel sorry for myself now

 
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: royal oak mi 48067
Posts: 873
marian100 HB User
Re: Wedding party

I don't know why she didn"t want to dance with you. Some people think a dance is a commitment. I'm sorry she was so rude to you. Godbless

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,178
Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Wedding party

I am sorry Therag. The best we can do is reach out to others and if they don't reach back we have to take this decision of theirs as a choice that they made for whatever reason. I hope you can get to the point where you will be strong enough to just move on when others make these decisions that are rightfully theirs. Good job reaching out though!!!!!!!

 
Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 465
Therag HB User
Re: Wedding party

Maybe she did have a reason, but I can't help feeling depressed about it because it takes me back to college when no one wanted to be my partner in a drawing excercise, so the lecturer had to be my partner

 
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,178
Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Wedding party

IMO it is best to get to a point where your opinion of yourself is more important than anyone else's opinion of you. When this comes you really have a lot more control over your life......

 
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 735
Seymour93 HB User
Re: Wedding party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therag View Post
Hi. It's been a while since I posted and the reason I post is because I went to a wedding with my sister on Saturday. Anyway in the party after a few drinks I was feeling relaxed but I still felt alone because most people there had a partner with them(I'd gone with my sister because her boyfriend couldn't make it) and I get feelings of jealousy when I see couples. Anyway the drink soon made me forget the feelings and I got on the dance floor. One of the bridesmaids was also dancing and she was with her brother, so I put out my hand in a gesture to invite her to dance with me, she just said ''no, no!'', walked off the dance floor and ignored me through the rest of the evening. What did I do wrong? Did she think I was ugly, creepy o'r whatever? What harm was there that I just wanted a dance with a girl? Anyway I spent the rest of the night sitting in a corner alone feeling sorry for myself, and I still feel sorry for myself now
Whatever her reason may be.....this does not say anything bad about you.

 
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 465
Therag HB User
Re: Wedding party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour93 View Post
Whatever her reason may be.....this does not say anything bad about you.
I don't know. I'm a very sensitive guy, and I tend to take thing the wrong way a lot of the times.

 
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 8
treslise19 HB User
Re: Wedding party

Maybe, she was just shy, and was scared. Maybe thats why she shot you down?

 
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 465
Therag HB User
Re: Wedding party

Quote:
Originally Posted by treslise19 View Post
Maybe, she was just shy, and was scared. Maybe thats why she shot you down?

She wasn't shy as she was talking to people and she was dancing.

 
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 174
karen51 HB User
Re: Wedding party

Sounds to me like she was just being rude. I can see how you felt rejected and lonely. When I am feeling even MORE sensitive than usual, even a strange look or someone ignoring me can make me feel down.

Definitely she had the problem and not you! Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately there are a lot of rude and inconsiderate people in this world and we have to live with them along with everyone else.

Just my opinion...

karen51

 
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 465
Therag HB User
Re: Wedding party

Thanks Karen.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
SIL untimely "maybe" wedding- am I a party pooper? 2CBK Anxiety 13 09-28-2009 02:13 PM
Major wedding dilemma LeggyM Relationship Health 23 07-13-2009 01:02 PM
He's going to a wedding with an ex girlfriend....... Hazel1234 Relationship Health 13 07-10-2008 09:17 AM
Planning our wedding is hurting our relationship pa43 Relationship Health 16 01-08-2008 12:38 PM
New boyfriend.. He asked me to be his date at a wedding.. need advice US40126 Relationship Health 18 08-09-2007 01:31 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



flamesabers (78), Phoenix (43), keenobserver (20), katlin09 (13), Diverdan8 (11), WhistleDixie (10), rosequartz (9), blessed824 (9), jennybyc (9), cuddles1 (9)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1164), MSJayhawk (997), Apollo123 (896), Titchou (832), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (757), ladybud (745), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!