It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

katbarto HB User
Cymbalta Withdrawal

I am going through the WORST withdrawal affects while tapering off of cymbalta. i need help, advice, etc. i get very antsy and shaky during the day as I take this drug before bed. currently at 20mg, and by the afternoon i am crying constantly, and i mean Sobbing! it just feels like my heart hurts so much! i don't want to hurt myself in any way, but i want this to end! i asked my doctor for advice and he said that i should go back up to 30mg. no way! i WILL get through this. i get dizzy and headaches as well. but the emotional part is the worst part by far. i know people suggest taking Benadryl, but that won't help with the emotional distress, right? or will it mellow me out because it causes drowsiness? i have three more days at 20mg, and then i am planning on dividing the pill in half and taking half for 7 more days and then going off for good! i even take a xanax every once in awhile to help me through my work day but it doesn't seem to help. i started cymbalta a year ago for pain and it made my fatigue so bad and so many other side effects, i just cannot be on it anymore. its not an option, and i'm so upset with my doctor for suggesting i just stay on it! if anyone has any tips, please let me know! thank you!

Closed Thread