It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
(female)

Morethanamemory HB User
MY STory, i need help 2

So, here is my story. MY life has been a living hell... well to start off my mom is a pot, and pill head. and my dad is an alkie. i never had a really good child hood. but anyways when i was 16 i decided to run away to my dads side of the family cause i was tired of being around my mom drug habits. so i did that, well then a few months after i was with my dads family i dropped out of high school, cause we kept moving from place-to-place. and something happend at school, and this mexcain dude threw me and this chick against a locker. so i dropped out of school, and a few months later i got my GED. Well by that time my mom and my dad got back together, then one day she up and left me without no place to stay. [ my dad went back to drinking and staying with his mom, and his mom wouldnt let me stay with them] but anyway, she left and i didn't hear from here for a few months.... but she is back with her ex b-f anyways here i am in the same town she lives in and i try to go over there and have a converstation with her and try to see my little brother, and she tells me she don't want nothing to do with. but here is the weird part a month before she called me and said she loved me and missed me and blah blah blah, and dont tell her b/f that she called me. i guess her b/f don't like me that much. anyways, she told me that one day we can have a happy mother -daughter relation ship when i grow up. seriously i don't know what she means by growin up. i got my GED, thats more then both my parents ever did. and i am the first one in my entire family to go to college.

my problem is i am so depressed its hard for me to stay in the same town as my mom.

do ya'll think i should try and forget her, and move on with my life? and how do i do that?

and do ya'll think once i go out of state for college i can forget about my family?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: MY STory, i need help 2

Hi "More'....
Sorry for your troubles...
I think you should put yourself first in all of this.....and unfortunately that should be your priority, not your parents. It doesnt seem you've ever been able to rely on either of them in your life.
I'm not saying to forget about them, but to distance yourself so that they dont hold you back from finding some much deserved happiness. Your mother says one day you can have a good mother daughter relationship when you grow up. You have deserved that since the day you were born, not when you "grow up". If you love her, tell her so, but tell her, that you need to find some stability and happiness in your life, and if she wants to have a relationship with "you"....then she should let you know when she's willing to make you a priority in her life.
I truly hope that doesnt sound harsh....but I know all too well that if you allow your parents to rule your life, you will be unhappy.
I wish you much luck with this, keep an open mind with them, but protect yourself. That would be my advice I guess.

Blessings to you...
Carsam

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hi More, your mom has serious emotional problems and I would say that she cannot be relied upon. I would suggest that you move on with your life and not let her "whip you about emotionally". And you really can never forget about your family. You can choose to not allow them to cause you problems. I also think that it is good to one day understand how they affected you (understand this yourself, not try to convince them what they did).

Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
(female)

Morethanamemory HB User

well thanks ya'll i have done some thinkin and ima prolly start college in Maine. i live in texas btw. but yeah i plan on leavin everybody behind and starting over . i think i will be more happy this way

Old 10-02-2007, 04:18 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear More,

You will thank yourself in the long run.

Take care.

Phoenix

Closed Thread