It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

Capecodgirl74 HB User
Attitude due to Wellbutrin or is this really me?

I need some advice. I recently switched from Celexa to Wellbutrin. On Celexa I felt like I always have, non-confrontational and afraid of what people would think of me. Celexa made me feel ok to be that way. I switched to wellbutrin 3 weeks ago. The first week, the dose was way to high for me (150 mg.) and I was just out of control with anger. I requested and started taking a lower dose the second week (75mg.) I have not had the anger surges, but I have lost the ability to take any ***** from anybody. I'm not mean, I just say what I feel, with little reservation. For example, I have had a friend who has been leaning on me a little too much for the last few years. I know it is my fault for accepting this behavior for so long, but we work together in lateral positions(I am the GM and she is the CFO in a small company), and I knew she could make my life miserable if she wanted to. I just never wanted to deal with the reprocussions of trying to end the friendship. I know that this may sound weird, but it was almost like we were married. She would tell me everything (and I mean everything) and not go to her husband about anything. She never spends any time at home with her family, she is always out shopping or whatever. She is a seriously depressed person (on meds and in talk therapy) and nothing as ever good in her life. Ever. I would ask her in the morning how she was and the answer was the same every day: horrible. And there are always issues. People exit her life all the time, family members included. She is just way overbearing, but she means well. (very sad) I have been supportive through everything in her life, being the best friend I possibly can, but I have two small kids and a full time job. It gets to be overbearing sometimes. I have my own life to run. Also, from time to time, she would overstep her boundaries at work, telling my guys what to do, when it shoud really be coming from me. It makes me look bad when she does that. She has been a great help when I need advice at work, but has always imposed her thoughts on me and acts upset if I don't take her advice. I have always been very sensitive to that, and have not really spoken up because I didn't want to make waves. Last week, when she imposed on my authority, I politely told her that I would take care of the situation, there was no need for her to get involved. I actually had to do that twice. She has not talked to me since. The thing is that I really don't care. I feel bad that I don't care, but I am seeing this as an out. It may be an uncomfortable workplace for awhile, but I am just tired of being so nice all of the time and allowing her to walk all over me and control me. This medication has enabled me to not let people walk on me, even if it means losing friends. My question is; is this what it is supposed to do? Does this mean it's working? My mood has become better since taking this. I am in my PMS week, and I crashed the last two months during this time. Not this month!! Any insight would be appreciated. As usual.

Christine

Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Lydia111 HB User
Re: Attitude due to Wellbutrin or is this really me?

Well I'm glad that you aren't letting people step on you so much and you know you shouldn't allow them to. Some people feel so bad about themselves they think they deserve to be stepped on.

As for Wellbutrin, the only thing I know about it is that it has helped my husband in the past. He went off, now he's back on and he's been highly agitated over little things. He said the transition can make moods worse. I can tell he's still in the dumps. But he's been taking it only about 2 weeks and he said the happy part isn't kicking in yet. It takes a month or so he says.

Seems your friend could really be dragging you down. I know from experience that being around depressed people while you are depressed can help if you need to talk/relate. But if you're around her too much, her depression will take you further into depression. It helps to be around people who have a positive outlook; it rubs off.

Last edited by Lydia111; 10-05-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

Dora3 HB User
Re: Attitude due to Wellbutrin or is this really me?

I switched from effexor to wellbutrin and took it for 3 weeks.

Needless to say I felt like total hell from stopping the effexor and that may have made me moody.... but I was getting angry and snapping at the smallest things. It also made me not think straight.

I started effexor because I couldn't control my emotions in the first place, so I started taking it again two days ago.

It may be in my mind, but I can already tell I am not on edge like I've been the last few weeks.

I hated to go back on it, but I can't act like that towards my family.

Good luck to you

Closed Thread