It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
Crazy side effect from coming off cymbalta

Hey guys I took Cymbalta for about three weeks and other than feeling good for the first week I felt like I didn't feel any better. Anyway I stopped it without tapering about 4 days ago and I have been itching all over since then. I mean everywhere I have skin. I assume its from stopping the med but not sure. Haven't done anything else different. I plan on taking a benedryl tonight and see if its any help. Just wanted to tell you guys and see if any of you have had this before.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Crazy side effect from coming off cymbalta

Hey there,
I was on Cymbalta for about 3 weeks also. First week 30 mg and after that 60 mg. Almost as soon as I started the 60 mg, I started having terrible headaches, insomnia, loss of appetite, etc. Mr dr decided to switch me from the Cymbalta to Lexapro but I have to taper off the Cymbalta. 45 mg for 4 day, 30 mg for 4 days and then 15 mg for 4 days.At the same time I started the taper, I started low dose of Lexapro which she may increase once I'm completely off the cymbalta. I see dr again on Friday. Anyway, I didn't ask, but guess there is a good reason for the taper rather than stoping abruptly.
Hope you are feeling well soon!
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

michellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB User
Re: Crazy side effect from coming off cymbalta

I am currently taking cymbalta and if I miss a dose of it I itch like crazy I hadn't put the two together until I read your post. The cymbalta seems to be working ok other than the fact that it gives me a dull headache about 3 hours after I take it each day. It is supposed to give me some relief from constant back pain I have but does nothing for the pain!

Closed Thread