It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User
Med ?? Prozac and Effexor together?

Hi,

I think I accidently posted this in a closed thread, so i've started another.

I need to know if ANYONE is on this combo or any other combo of two antidepressants?

Does anyone know any that are compatible?

I've changed back and forth from Prozac and effexor over the years, no real relief. This past time the dr. weaned me onto effexor and kept me on prozac for the first week. That seemed to make a big difference, then when I went to just effexor.. I got all depressed again.

This is nuts and I'm very frustrated. Any advice is welcome.

T

Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
Re: Med ?? Prozac and Effexor together?

Tony72~
My MD started me on effexor in June, was having a terrible time with side effects but stayed on it, he sent me to a psychiatrist about a month ago and she is weaning me off the effexor slowly. Am on prozac and effexor each week upping the prozac by 10 mg. and now the 3rd week am up 30 mg. prozac and 1/2 capsule of effexor (37.5 mg.) By the end of the month will be off effexor and on 40 mg. prozac and PRAYING this works. Didnt' really like the effexor then reading all the horror stories people told of getting off the effexor hopefully the prozac will take care of.

Good luck and keep in touch. I had NEVER been to a psychiatrist but they are SO knowledgeable on the meds and great to talk too, think about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread