It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

whoevea HB User
Unhappy has anyone ever tried Depakote ER? i was on Lithium but i wont take it anymore

i go to my doc on saturday and im gonna tell him i wanna try Depakote ER .

i took my last pill of lithium today. i was on them for about a week and i hate them. i feel like i wanna hurt myself and others and that is NOT ME AT ALL !

i really AM depressed and i just cant take it anymore. i have tried so many pills and nothing works for me.

so if anyone has tried Depakote Er i would appreciate if you tell me. how it works for you.
i also wanna try Librium.
all i do is work and come home and sleep.
i want a life . i have people asking me all th time to go out and i dont want to because i just wanna SLEEP

cant take much more of this. i think this Depakote er IS MY LAST CHANCH !

this depressing is affecting my job...my family and even my son. he thought i was on drugs after i took the Lithium because i was out of it.

im also on clonidine. <<not sure if spelled right.

Last edited by whoevea; 11-08-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: has anyone ever tried Depakote ER? i was on Lithium but i wont take it anymore

Hey:

When your talking about mood stabilizers you have a better chance and possibly more informed answers off of the bipolar board. The majority of people on this board don't wander into that area very often.

take care
trg247

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

whoevea HB User
Re: has anyone ever tried Depakote ER? i was on Lithium but i wont take it anymore

i didnt even no there was a bi polar board on here....

thanks!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

whoevea HB User

by the way...why do you say im Bi Polar????

are you saying i cant post on here?? i am depressd you no!!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I never said you were. Mood stabilizers are a main part of the bipolar med regime which is why the suggestion was made.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

whoevea HB User

well im kind of new at this. im not sure if i have bi polar or depression. i been on this computer for hours just trying ti figure out whats wrong with me..

Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User
Lightbulb Re: has anyone ever tried Depakote ER? i was on Lithium but i wont take it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoevea View Post
well im kind of new at this. im not sure if i have bi polar or depression. i been on this computer for hours just trying ti figure out whats wrong with me..
Hi there,

I have posted here and on the bipolar board. I do not have bipolar, but borderline personality disorder which causes mood swings..sometimes badly. If someone put you on Lithium, it would seem they diagnosed you with some kind of unstable mood disorder. What is your diagnosis?

I will tell you I tried Depakote ER and it made me like a zombie, more depressed and I felt drunk in the afternoons. However, every person is different in how they react to a drug. If you have borderline, mood stabilizers are sometimes an option, but I have tried 4 and none worked out. So I am just on an antidepressant.

I would say to talk to your doctor and get a clear understanding of what your problem is. I hope you can find something that works for you. I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been going through this for 2 years and have not worked except for 2 months and that turned out badly.

So good luck, sorry I don't have more encouraging words for you. Hang in there, it will get better if you are determined to work at it to help things get better. Oh and I cannot make it without my therapist!!!

Let me know what the doc says.

Again, good luck!
karen51

Last edited by karen51; 11-08-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

whoevea HB User

thanks for replying.

i had one doc tell me i was Bi Polar....another one told me i was Manic and very depressed. this is why im so confused . i been checking on here all night just to find out whats wrong with me.
all Doctors tell me different things and it drives me crazy.

i do think im Manic because i went into a store and stole a coat. i never do things like that and i feel horrible. but i have no idea why i did it.
im a total mess right now and i just want the right meds

Closed Thread