It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
zoloft depression

I have started zoloft for anxiety and very little depression 3 weeks ago. I was doing really well until yesterday. I am so depressed this morning. I have that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and I am crying!

The zoloft has worked for my anxiety but now have depression.

I am very scared right now and so upset. I thought this was under control - had a great weekend and last week was great as well.

I have an appt. with my PDOC today Any suggestions? Sjhould I switch meds? I do take Klonopin as well - maybe it is that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User
Re: zoloft depression

it's a good idea to talk the dosage and such over with your pdoc. It would be unlikely that the zoloft would "cause" depression just because of how it works. Maybe also ask the doc to take you off the Klolopin and just try the zoloft? Sometimes zoloft works well on it's own for anxiety and such.

or it could just be some other issues that are finally coming to a head and have nothing to do with the meds. Maybe it's just a bad day. I'm not sure I would worry about it being depression unless it continues for some time. Might be hormones gone awry for some reason....who knows. Just take it in stride...and see how the rest of the day goes. Might turn out to be a good day. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Thank you for your respose. I guess I get nervouse because because I had a bad reaction to Topamax with a high dose. I admitted my self into the hospital my thoughts were really bad. I had that same feeling this morning and I just got scared.

come to think of it at the time I was on Topamax I was on Klonopin as well. Maybe it is the Klonopin.

Last edited by j2006; 12-04-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
(female)

lv2srf HB User

Hi j2006,

Did you just recently start on the Zoloft? It sounds like maybe you've been on a starting dose all along, with no increase? Zoloft does help with depression, along with the anxiety as you mentioned. I'd be gun-shy too if I'd had a bad experience with another med. Klonopin is calming--antianxiety med.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I started at 25mg for a week and then to 50mg.

Just met with my PDOC and he doesn't want to change any of my meds until I meet with him again in 2 weeks. i will be on Zoloft a good month at that time. So I am going to have to try to release this depressing day somehow.

I am going through alot lately, planning a wedding, moved, renovating the house, had a few losses to deal with.

I just need to learn how to deal better. It is really hard!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
(female)

lv2srf HB User

I'm sorry for all you are going through, and it does fit what I've seen here and another place online. Any chance you had a baby or a miscarriage too? Planning a wedding is stressful, with nothing else out of the ordinary going on. Remodeling is that times a hundred. Together? Plus losses?

As for the Zoloft, at one month you'll have been on 50 mg. for 3 weeks? I dunno. Obviously I'm not a doc, but if you haven't noticed a difference since you went to 50 mg., I'd plan on calling the doc sooner than those 2 weeks are up, if I noticed I was slipping any.

When's your wedding, if you don't mind saying (you don't have to, no pressure)?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

My wedding is in September. Pleanty of time but when planning yourself and paying yourself it is difficult.

The zoloft has helped with anxiety but today I just felt a bit of depression and I got scared.

Hopefully in 2 weeks things will be better. If not I am going to ask for a switch or an increase. If my depression is not better in a few days then I am going to call.

I guess an anti-dep. can;t fix everything but with other ones i have tried i never had depression. Maybe it is because I am going to therapy to deal with these losses and maybe I am now started to deal with it.

Closed Thread