It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

mckesscl HB User
Has anyone received long term disability for depression?

Hello,
Due to a variety of things going on in my life my depression reached an all time high in October. I took a medical leave from work and was receiving partial hospitalization treatment for depression and anxiety. I was discharged a few weeks ago due to insurance purposes, and was told I can recovene after January 1. My work provides for long term disability and I can become eligible to apply for it at the end of March. A large part of my work occurs when I have to deal with issues with work and speaking to work. Therefore I am hoping somebody might have received long term disability through work and can answer a few questions so I am a bit prepared when I make that phone call to work.

Specifically my questions are:
If you have received long term disability through a work policy:
--did you have difficulties getting approved for depression?
--were you doctors reports (therapists, pyschiatrists reports enough or did you have to see the insurance company's doctors)
--any advice you may have
--did your doctors have to provide a date to return to work
--did you receive money based upon your net or gross income

Thank you so much for any advice or answers you can provide?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
anyone ever been addicted to Klonopin.... sondra52 Panic Disorders 11 08-03-2011 05:32 PM
Anyone on Social Security cause of Mental illness? hsp1 Depression 5 01-08-2010 06:38 AM
Update: Anyone experience adverse effects from pelvic radiation? Cat Az Cancer: Colon 23 09-19-2009 01:45 PM
Has Anyone been terminated by Long-Term Disability Carrier? 02bpainfree Disabilities 3 05-28-2009 07:20 AM
Is Adrenal Insufficiency severe enough to warrant Short-Term Disability leave @ work? TheAntiEndo Addison's Disease 45 01-01-2009 12:56 PM