It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

sfish2257 HB User
Does Depression come and go?

If I don;t take drugs will my depression eventually get better? Or at least go away for awhile? It's like a switch flipped in my brain and one day I was fine and the next day I was depressed and anxious all the time. I feel like I will never get back to normal. It feels like I'm in a bad dream and can't wake up. I'm so upset that this is my life now. I try so hard not to be depressed or pretend I'm OK but I still feel so alien in my own body, does that make sense to anyone? Will I ever get better?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Lynn1991NY HB User
Re: Does Depression come and go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfish2257 View Post
If I don;t take drugs will my depression eventually get better? Or at least go away for awhile? It's like a switch flipped in my brain and one day I was fine and the next day I was depressed and anxious all the time. I feel like I will never get back to normal. It feels like I'm in a bad dream and can't wake up. I'm so upset that this is my life now. I try so hard not to be depressed or pretend I'm OK but I still feel so alien in my own body, does that make sense to anyone? Will I ever get better?
You will eventually feel better but it's best to talk someone (I recommend a psychiatrist if you feel it is that bad that you might need medication) and see what they say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I definitely felt like this a LOT last year. I was very back and forth and even wondered if I could be bi-polar, but I didn't really fit into all of the symptoms and never got those really high moments. I was always just normal or depressed.

Just keep up the good work and you can make it through this! I think many people have rough patches in life and things get better. Just keep trying and don't give up. I've been trying to be a lot more positive lately and it's crazy how it really does make a difference. If I try to let things go, I don't get as upset. It's taken a lot of time and I still get depressed, but staying strong and trying your best to be positive and wanting to be better really does help! Good luck to you!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

There is no guarantee depression will disappear on its own. If you are talking situational depression then the situation needs to be dealt with or chances are the depression will reappear. I spent years just pushing down the issues so I could go on but they kept coming back and always seemed to come back stronger. Finally my brain said the heck with it and I had a breakdown where I am unable to bury or push aside any of the past issues. Chemical depression almost always requires meds of some sort, some get lucky and over the counter does the trick but others will have to go the chemical route.

The best treatment for depression is to catch it early through the use of therapy and in some cases medication. Waiting it out might work or it is going to make it worse.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfish2257 View Post
Check in with a doc. Don't count on depression disappearing.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User

Has someone also checked you for bipolar issues ?It might be worth doing so.

Closed Thread