It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

PTinGermany HB User
How Long Does Zoloft Withdrawal last

I went on Zoloft 21 months ago (right after my son was born) to help with Post Partum Depression. I have been having issues with my liver enzymes (normal is 40 and mine are at 180) and after testing numerous things, my doctor's conclusion is that it's my Zoloft that is causing the enzyme issue. I have been wanting to go off it for some time, but I'm afraid that it will cause problems in my marriage. We recently moved to Germany 8 Months ago, and I have experienced a number of life changes. My new Germany Doctor also tested my enzymes which is when I found out they are at 180. I finally decided to stop taking my Zoloft and have been off it for 8 days. I started feeling the side effects yesterday (dizziness, nausea, irritability, etc.), but I don't want to start the Zoloft again. Can anyone tell me how long the side effects last?? and what I can do to help ease them???

Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
(male)

sgt207 HB User
Re: How Long Does Zoloft Withdrawal last

My advice would be to go VERY slowly, even if it means to re-start and titrate over a long period of time. Some people don't have a problem with prolonged withdrawal, I did. Please read my old posts and see if they help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTinGermany View Post
I went on Zoloft 21 months ago (right after my son was born) to help with Post Partum Depression. I have been having issues with my liver enzymes (normal is 40 and mine are at 180) and after testing numerous things, my doctor's conclusion is that it's my Zoloft that is causing the enzyme issue. I have been wanting to go off it for some time, but I'm afraid that it will cause problems in my marriage. We recently moved to Germany 8 Months ago, and I have experienced a number of life changes. My new Germany Doctor also tested my enzymes which is when I found out they are at 180. I finally decided to stop taking my Zoloft and have been off it for 8 days. I started feeling the side effects yesterday (dizziness, nausea, irritability, etc.), but I don't want to start the Zoloft again. Can anyone tell me how long the side effects last?? and what I can do to help ease them???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 05:10 AM   #3
(female)

PTinGermany HB User
Re: How Long Does Zoloft Withdrawal last

Sgt207: Thank you for responding to my posting. Unfortunately, I have been off the Zoloft for 12 days now, and I really don't want to go back on it at all. I know it is recommended to wean off slowly; but it just didn't work out that way for me. I had really, REALLY, bad withdrawal symptoms at first, but they seem to be less severe than they were a week ago. My question is: How long does the withdrawal last? I really don't want to go back on the meds at all. If I had known about the withdrawal, I never would have even started them. If anyone reads this and can at least tell me if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As I mentioned, the symptoms are not as bad as they were at first, but I want them to go away completely. Can anyone give me some answers without suggesting that I restart the drugs. No more drugs - I don't like what they do to me.

I have read through old posts, and I can't really find anything that gives info on how long the withdrawal lasts. Am I looking in the wrong place?

PT

Closed Thread