It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

wolfpup HB User
new here - when do you decide that you need more help?

i am going to weekly therapy, and i take lexapro, xanax and trazadone. doc added lamactil to the meds, but i havent started taking it yet.

i dont want to be at work, i dont want to go home. i dont want to talk to anyone, i dont want to see anyone. at what point do you decide that you need more help and seek admission somewhere?

suicidal, yes - but i couldnt/wouldnt do that due to my kids. but i just cant take the anxiety, confusion, depression, etc.

i feel like an absolute mess.

(been taking lexapro since oct - was upped to 20 mg in march.)

sorry if this is scattered and doesnt make sense, i feel like i dont make sense right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User
Re: new here - when do you decide that you need more help?

are you going to the pdoc for therapy? maybe try a counselor or Psychologist. Psychiatrists just don't have the training in talk therapy that the others do.

Also tell your doc you want to try a different med. If lexapro isn't doing anything for you...move onto something else. There are enough out there, that you don't need to suffer the way you are. Pdocs seem to want to just keep adding, but be a proactive patient. Tell him you want to try something else and not keep taking things that don't seem to work. Sounds like you've given the lexapro a chance...so try something new. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Chances are if you are thinking that you need more help then the answer is you need more help. When it comes to mental illness there really is no such thing as too much help, this illness is best attacked when hit from all angles.

I use to use this saying "When I am unable to convince myself that I am not a threat to myself or others then it is time to really reach out for help"

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
(female)

wolfpup HB User

thank you for the replies.
i go to a counselor every week for talk therapy. she gives me good assignments - but i still struggle. i understand that it will be a slow process.

a psych eval was done a couple of weeks ago, and they said it was off the charts - clinical stage. they said they didtn want to show me the entire results because there were worried that where i am now, seeing the results might have more of a negative affect on me.

i do go to a pdoc about once a month, or every other month, for med checks. he said that the lexapro was ok, and that i should start on lamictal. i was scared to start it, so i havent gotten it filled yet. but i did drop it off last night and will be picking it up today. maybe the new combo of meds will work?
it just seems like a lot.

lexapro 20 mg
xanax (up to 2x daily)
trazadone at night
lamictal

maybe the addition of lamictal will help.

Closed Thread