It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Has anyone ever taken Deplin (methylfolate) for depression?

Hi everyone. I was just prescribed Deplin to help with depression and/or fatigue, I also take Cymbalta 60mg. Has anyone taken deplin 7.5mg? It used to be an over the counter supplement and has recently been changed to be only available by prescription.

If you take it does it work? Any side effects? Thanks~ SB

Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
(female)

TxLinda HB User
Re: Has anyone ever taken Deplin (methylfolate) for depression?

I take Deplin and can't really tell any difference. I also take Cymbalta and Klonopin. My doctor won't take me off the Deplin, so I just don't refill it. It is expensive - $40.00 co-pay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
(male)

seeaya123 HB User

I also take deplin, it is supposed to help with energy and add something to the anti depressants. The problem with deplin for me is that it makes me hyper and I have a hard time sleeping. My pysc doctor upped my sleeping meds. but I still wake up at 4:00 am which is two hours before I need to get up for work. I am going to the doctor on monday and hopefully we can drop it.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User

getting ready to ask my dr. is i an try it with my lexapro...

hoping it will help the depression and increase energy.

Salty

Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
(female)

APA1953 HB User
Cool Re: Has anyone ever taken Deplin (methylfolate) for depression?

As posted elsewhere on this board, I have had really good results with Deplin. My sleep patterns/habits were horrible for a very long time. I was working on establishing a routine before I started Deplin. I do wake up more alert, but usually after a full night's rest. Vitamin D supplementation has done much for my sleep patterns.

I did notice a huge increase in mental activity on Deplin and for a while I was so excited that I really didn't mind the neurological cascades of ideas and memories because it was SOOO good to have words and thoughts back. I eventually realized that although my brain was working far better than it had in years, my body and overall fitness was a total wreck.

I was depressed and debilitated for so long that getting fit and developing healthy habits is going to take some hard work. I also need to resocialize as I have lived in seclusion for a long while now. These are things I have to do for myself. I had the same knowledge about routine and habits, etc before I started taking Deplin, but I could not find the motivation or focus to make any of it happen. Because I am thinking more clearly and my moods are more stable, I can work on these things. Sometimes it is discouraging because the task can seem insurmountable, but I can manage my thoughts better, including despair. Deplin hasn't given me good judgment, a fit body and/or graceful social skills, but at least it gave me reason to HOPE that these are attainable for me!

Last edited by APA1953; 07-24-2009 at 07:45 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to APA1953 For This Useful Post:
roseann60 (09-01-2011)
Closed Thread