It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Shauny HB User
Who Am I ?

Hi All.

I dont usualy post a lot here, read a lot though.

Recently iv been asking "who am i"
iv changed, im now 35, seems only yesterday my 2 sons were kids, now they are 14 and 16. the feeling of "them flying off" is in my thoughts right now.
the word "change" scares me. i know every parent out there goes through this, and has to face facts.

i am usualy outgoing, im a DJ, still am, also a Football (Soccer) Manager/Coach.

Lately, i dont know who i am. i stumble from day to day.
im well overweight, im lazy, fat and unhappy.

i have a perfect life. a lovely, georgeous, sweet, understanding caring partner. 2 superb sons, nice house, great dog, great job, nice car, etc, etc.

but im empty.
i cry a lot, feel alone, even though i am the most "unalone" person on the planet.

i want to start getting up earlier, losing weight, eating better, feel better, look better. i can go on.

have i just described everyone here, or am i alone here?

PLEASE !! i need advice, i need someone to talk to. i cant go to my Partner, i love her way to much to throw this at her.

i just want to talk to someone.
i am a Soccer coach, and my job is to motivate people, i do, i have won many things in the game as a coach/manager. why then cant i motivate myself.

Thoughts please folks.

Last edited by Shauny; 08-24-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

AliceT HB User
Re: Who Am I ?

Hi Shauny. you are not alone. dont exclude your partner from this as she will be the strongest power in your feeling better about yourself. I am suffering from ongoing depression and my husband is my complete rock even though I feel like a failure for having to lean on him so much. Good wishes.
A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

here ya bro. Im 26 now and I just feel like I woke up and ralized that I am not in highschool anymore. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was 18. I have been drinking and partying so much since highschool and through college everything just kind has been a blur. I receantly stop, exercising again, and focuses on getting my career going. It is amazing how fast life can go by and how lonley you can feel even when there is a bunch of people around. I dont know if we can talk about this here but to you have a realtionship with god? It seems like this stuff can happen when you lose sight with yourself and whom you are(child of god). I know that is what has help me change and get my foot back on track. Everyone has thier own personal beliefs so if that is not something you beleive in I would encourage you to Exercise a bunch, eat better, get some hobbies, maybe do some kind of yoga/meditation. Check out the book Power of Now, by eckhart tolle. I think what you maybe missing in life is a spirtual compenent.

Last edited by Mr.G; 08-26-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Shauny HB User

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread.

Shauny
xx

Closed Thread