It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
SAD Do you feel it yet

Hey friends,
It is 90 here in Ga. but either I sense it or I just know its coming. We had damage to our pool during the storm so its empty now. Thats the best way I have found to soak up the beautiful sun (with sunblock) and enjoy summer. I hate winter soooo much. I don't like cold, I don't like anything about it actually. I get depressed even at Christmas. I just feel it coming!! Am I crazy when its 90 degrees outside lol? OOH I know what it is, its those dang mums that I'm seeing everywhere!!! Definately going to have to eat right, walk, and possibly get back on a med this time. YUK!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: SAD Do you feel it yet

I actually don't get the traditional SAD. Mostly, I start getting depressed around this time of year because I'm mourning the loss of summer (my favorite season). Once September passes, though, I'm okay. That is until February or March rolls around, then I get depressed again, wishing summer would hurry up and get here. I even get happy sometimes when Spring starts, not always, though, because we often don't have an actual Spring in Michigan. We just end up having an insanely long winter , and then go straight to summer. This year is going to be extra rough through the coming months, though, because I lost my cat last January. She was 13 1/2 y/o and had intestinal cancer.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-29-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
(female)

sarah408 HB User
Re: SAD Do you feel it yet

I get terrible S.A.D.... every year... except last year.
I began an antidepressant in september and it kicked in by the end of october.
October is the month I start to feel it coming... I LOVE september.
Hate november and december.

But last year I had a depressive episode and got on the drugs and never thought that because of the drugs I would experience my first winter without being affected by S.A.D. It was a shock as I am usually a grumpy grinchy person during the holidays and from late october to march I eat myself into oblivion and curse the world :-)

I also have a S.A.D. light that I actually use because I am an artist and it sheds fabulous light on my canvases when I paint at night :-)

I live in Canada so the darkness is extreme during those months.

Cheers, Sarah

Closed Thread