It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

Loner146 HB User
Early stages of depression?

So over the summer I started to feel like every day was the same and I was just getting more and more tired and sad about it. Towards the end, these feelings were heightened when I knew I had to leave for school soon about an hour away from my home. When I got to school it seemed like everyone immediately became friends, and I was left with no one. I've been here for almost a week now and I still have absolutely zero friends here and it isn't really looking like i'm going to get any. I'm not completely shy but i'm not an entirely social person either - I tend to stay in my room, on my computer, when im not in classes or such. Ever since i've been here i just always feel really sad and alone and it's even worse than it was over the summer. I've never felt so alone in my life and I feel that being alone all the time could only make these feelings worse. Do you think this could be the early stages of depression or do you think its something else?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

cat3883 HB User
Re: Early stages of depression?

It sounds like homesickness to me. Are you away at college? There are many things for you to get involved in if you are. You may have to force yourself at first but then you will be fine. What you are feeling is very normal. If you are at college there are counselors you can talk to. I know it is very hard. I have been there. Please get out of your room. There are many people in the same boat as you. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
(male)

indychris HB User

You might be and it is not your fault, Try talking to your doctor or a counselor at your school. You might need a mild dose of antidepressant to bring your serotonin levels back to normal. Try to get involved in as many study and activity groups that your school has that interest you. This will help you meet people that enjoy things that you have in common. Get out of your room as much as possible I here this can cause some kind of phobia. Don't worry lots and lots of young adults have the same thing happening to them the first year of college but don't take any action and end up drinking or using drugs and drop out. You must be a smart person because you see that you aren't adjusting as well as you want too and you have taking the first step just trying to get some ideas to get you adjusted. I wish you good luck, and hope this helps. My daughter was an RA for two years working with freshman and these things seemed to help allot in this big transition in your life. Indychris

Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
(male)

indychris HB User

You might be and it is not your fault, Try talking to your doctor or a counselor at your school. You might need a mild dose of antidepressant to bring your serotonin levels back to normal. Try to get involved in as many study and activity groups that your school has that interest you. This will help you meet people that enjoy things that you have in common. Get out of your room as much as possible I here this can cause some kind of phobia. Don't worry lots and lots of young adults have the same thing happening to them the first year of college but don't take any action and end up drinking or using drugs and drop out. You must be a smart person because you see that you aren't adjusting as well as you want too and you have taking the first step just trying to get some ideas to get you adjusted. I wish you good luck, and hope this helps. My daughter was an RA for two years working with freshman and these things seemed to help allot in this big transition in your life. Indychris

Closed Thread