It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Changed meds and still not 100%

I have been struggling with depression for quite some time now. The Drs no longer think that I am dealing with PPD(I am 18 months PP), but clinical Depression and agitated depression as my therapist calls it. I was on Lexapro for over a year, but it stoped working, I am now on Prozac and Abilify. Due to money though, I am coming off the Abilify 2mg and doubling up on the Prozac if needed, per my GP. I see a physcatrist on the 10th to go over my meds, so he may Change them. I have been seeing a therapist for 3 weeks now and she is helping. The prozac is helping with my depression. I am happier, I am laughing and joking again and My hubby sees a diffinate change and I am not contemplating suicide like I was. I still feel "off" though. I have extreme downs and cannot handle stress at all. When I have a "break" down it is made and mainly anger and bad agitation and it takes a good 24 hours to get over it. Any suggestions on what meds the Dr will suggest or if it is anxiety, stress, just the depression, or I have thought ADD as well. Here are the main symptoms I still have, racing thoughts, easily angered, easily agitated, I have a hard time reading anything, hard time sitting still, hard time concentrating. I can't handle any stress at all. I go from being fine to flying off the handle in a snap of the fingers. My therapist seems to think this is still the depression, but I am not so sure. I am a SAHM to a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old. They are both highly active children, so that probably adds to everything. I just want to feel better.

Thanks for any input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Re: Changed meds and still not 100%

Bump, anyone?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
(female)

Gia029 HB User

My heart goes out to you for what you have been going through. I too suffered with deppression until I got on the right meds. It is so hard to deal with including for your loved ones. One can not understand unless they have been through ity themselves. I hope things improve for you. Kind regards

Old 09-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It just feels like forever until I get to see the physcatrist. I am literally counting down days. I am thinking that I may have to double up on my prozac like my GP said. I really didn't think that going off the Abilify would make as big as a differance as it has already. I just hate this. I want to be normal again for myself, my hubby and my kids.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:59 AM   #5
(female)

Gia029 HB User

I don't blame you. Everyone just wants to be normal. It is amazing what meds can do. I went through more that just ppd, I thought the military was bugging our house and that airplanes were taking pictures of me!!!! OUTRAGEOUS thoughts that meds cured thank God. Be patient, you will find the right meds for you, it just takes time.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

AliceT HB User

Hi gel2005 and Gia029.
I felt like I was reading my own story! I was diagnoses PPD when our third was born but that was 16 months ago now so I can see than my depression is something more. I am actually glad to be able to recognise this becouse it means I can keep working on it....I am beginning to feel normal for the first time in months with the help of zolft and lamacital. Fantastic. Keep seeing your therapist etc for as long as you can. I think that is really the key. The drugs just keep the fog at bay so you can do the hard work. It is worth it and you will feel normal again.
Hang in there
Stay in touch
A

Closed Thread