It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
(female)

AnnieSA HB User
depression

Ive been through a very traumatic time in the last 4 months . I cannot seem to cope with what has happened to me and have resorted to heavy drinking;thoughts of suicide; demotivation; lack of interesest in everything; crying and severe lack of sleep. Is there any medication that can be recommended or any suggestions on how to get out of this state without consulting a psycologist?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Re: depression

I can suggest excersise and vitamins, like B complex. Those may help, but they may not. Talk about what has happened to you. Find someone you can trust and let them know what is going on. If you need meds, you are going to have to talk to a Dr. You can talk to your GP if you don't want to go to a therapist, but going to my therapist is the best thing I have done for myself in a very long time. Is there a specific reason why you don't want to go talk to someone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

Try to talk to people you trust, people who are able to listen to you and understand. Do you have some really close friends or relatives? Try to do nice things for yourself, even small things, like sitting in a coffee shop and reading and relaxing. Try to think if there is anything at all that you enjoy, and do it for yourself.
When the veil of depression covers us, it feels like there is no way out. But there are always ways out if we are able to see them.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
(female)

AnnieSA HB User

yes; it is not something i'm proud of but also because i do not really have the finances to see someone. i am also uncomfortable speaking to strangers about it.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

I understand that. Do you have a close friend, someone that you can trust to talk to? Remember what hte previous poster said, it is something to remember. There is always a way out, even when you think there isn't.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
(female)

gaz001823 HB User

I have suffered depression since first grade. I have struggle all my life w/ depression. I have been hospitalized 5x for Severe Depression. I attempted suicide in 1997. I'm now 41 yrs. old (Thank you, God). Suicide is NEVER the solution. The looks on my family faces, the pain in their eyes from my suicide attempt emotionally destroyed them. They could not believe I done that. (Even I can't believe I done it) It was scary!! Honey, you must seek professional help. Please. If you are just beginning to have depression, they can get you on medications to help. I have been on many different types of depression medicines. I currently take EFFEXOR XR. Of course, it took a while to get me regulated and suited to a medication that worked for me. You can't give up and drinking only makes the situation even worse and drugs too. I've also been down that road to. Please take this advice, see a professional right-a-way, sometimes it takes going to a couple of professionals to find one you can really relate to and they can relate to you. PLEASE DO THIS!!!! After years and years of depression and even now I still struggle, I cry some days, especially now that I have become totally diabled due to back surgeries and staying home everyday really gets to me. I know I must remain strong. You must remain strong. I mean no offense to anyone who reads this, but honestly Suicide is a cowards way out - you are no coward. You are starting in the right direction by asking for help. So, again I beg you to go to a Professional. It will be the right thing to do. In the meantime, I will keep you and all others w/ depression in my prayers. Cause God only knows how hard it is to live w/ depression. May God go with you.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
(female)

AnnieSA HB User

HI thank you for the advise. I agree that suicide is not the answer. Life is NEVER that bad. It's about getting your mind around the bad things and moving fwd. The moving fwd is just so hard. I wake up with the best intentions and by the end of the day I feel anger and just want to go out and do something irresponsible. I know I shoudl speak to soemone but I guess its the way I was brought up that you keep your personal stuff to yourself and never show weakness. But sometimes friends get tired of listening so I will try to get myself to a professional. Thank you and good luck to you to.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

Coming here is a good start. Open up here and the rest will come. It sound like you are taking some positive steps, so hang in there and keep it up. We are here for ya!

Closed Thread