It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User
Very depressed and concerned about my kids

I have been battling depression since I was a child. It comes in waves depending on my situation. Lately I am extremely depressed. I have been married to an abuser for almost 10 years and feel completely stuck in the marriage. I am not from this country, have no education from here and no real skills. I have been at home with my kids since they were born and have not worked.
My kids are almost 8 and 5. I am so depressed that I can barely take care of them. I am really concerned about them. They need my support now when the school is starting again, but I have no strength to give them support.
I have tried different medication (prozac, imipramine, remeron and several other), but nothing has helped me. I take diazepam, which is the only thing that takes the edge of the depression and anxiety.
Intellectually I know that my situation isn't hopeless, but I am so depressed that I am not able to see a way out to freedom and away from this prison with my husband.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
(male)

santonbrig HB User
Re: Very depressed and concerned about my kids

Negot im so sad to hear your story.I really wish I could help.But words would mean nothingfor you.I can only suggest you find the strenght inside of you to get up and walk away!If you cannot for yourself, Do it for the children Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you don't need a pill......you need a good lawyer!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

AliceT HB User

Negot. I have read lovely posts written by you, so I suspect that you have more skills and abilities than you think. maybe you are in a catch 22 - you are in a rotten situation so you are depressed and you cant get out. But maybe if you can get out the reasons for you depression might be lightened...

Last edited by AliceT; 09-04-2008 at 03:09 AM.

Closed Thread