It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

josefine1987 HB User
Don't know what to do..

Lately I've been feeling so empty, like i don't have anything, no emotions, no friends, no dreams, nothing... My fiancee is great, but i understand it must be so difficult for him seeing me like this, he often starts crying and he's worried im gonna hurt myself. All i want to do is sleep, i don't have the energy for anything else. Im just crying on the sofa and im feeling so guilty for not being happy. he deserves someone less selfish, someone thats happy. I don't know why im feeling like this. I went to see my doctor but all she recommended was more exercise, like i have the energy for that, all i want to do is sleep, stop crying and just sleep. I'm tired of feeling like this, I just wanna fall into a pile on the floor and stop feeling anything, stop feeling sad, stop feeling guilty, and let my fiancee be with someone that makes him happier... I don't want feel anything anymore...

Last edited by josefine1987; 09-04-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
(female)

shetland kiwi HB User
Re: Don't know what to do..

Hi there,

I know exactly where you are coming from, I was there about 19 months ago.

We have this advertising campaign in New Zealand about dealing with depression and getting it out of the dark closet of ailments that no one wants to discuss or deal with. One of the things that is repeated is
Tell someone and if they don't get it, tell someone else until you find someone who does. Your doc obviously doesn't get it, give her another go though, take your fiance with you the more battling in your corner the better. If she still doesn't get it try phoning a community mental health centre or another doctor... keep trying until you find someone who will listen and gets it!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP....

Remember exercising doesn't mean going to the gym it can be as simple as going for a 5 min walk for the first time, for the first week, the problem is getting up off the sofa, it takes so much energy - but please try just for 5 mins. while you are out look at stuff and appreciate the little things. A flower, how ants know how to get home anything that is actually amazing when you stop and think about it, and it's wonderfully distracting!

Please keep looking for some one who gets it!! you are worthy of a happy life, we all are, this is an illness. You need healing.

All the best, your journey won't be easy but you will get there. I am living proof that it can be done.

Maxine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread