It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
(male)

ostrich HB User
Wellbutrin - Not feeling a difference

I started taking Wellbutrin about a week and a half ago, but have yet to feel a positive effect. How long does it take before I'll begin to notice a change, and what change will it be exactly? Could it be that it doesn't work for me, or am I worrying prematurely? I don't have insurance so this medication is extremely costly. I would hate to keep having to pay for office visits and refills ($200+ each time), only to find out the medication doesn't work for me.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
(male)

CA man HB User
Re: Wellbutrin - Not feeling a difference

I just started taking that drug, my doctor told me it will take from two to four week before I start seeing any changes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

MaGreene79 HB User
Wink Re: Wellbutrin - Not feeling a difference

I also just started wellbutrin sr 2x daily. I've been on it before, a few years ago and it worked really well for me, I wasn't as irritable, and my mood swings were under control. Now I'm hoping it will work again, although nothing so far, been on for 2 1/2 weeks. I know how frustrating it can be especially without health coverage, I'm in that same boat, but you should know after a month if it's right for you. Hope this was helpful...even a little bit, keep your chin up!

Old 09-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
(female)

imtupp HB User

You really need to give it time. Wellbutrin XL was recently added to my already prescribed Effexor XR treatment and I immediately noticed a positive difference. My dosages are pretty high for little ole me, so I'm guessing once I stablize he will try to start reducing. Be patient.

tup

Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
(female)

Paula72 HB User

I am also concerned that wellbutrin will not work for me either. I have been on wellbutrin for a month and so far it is making me downright hostile, irritable and moody with no improvement in mood. I have been on this before and it worked wonders, but it made my neck rigid, so I went off. . . and yes it is making my neck rigid again, but I am hoping that if I feel happy then the neck issue will be tolerable!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
(male)

camjunkie HB User

Give it a little time. Also, talk to your doctor about switching to Wellbutrin generic XL or even the SR version. Personally, I find the SR works better for me. And the generic is super cheap.

Closed Thread