It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

bp4life HB User
STD at 20

When i went to college I was still with my boyfriend of 2 years. I went to college literally on the other side of the world but we still were going to try long distance. We tried it for the first year but then decided to see other people.

My new boyfriend was my best friend initially. Before he became my boyfriend he was in hospital at one point for an unknown reason so he was tested for all STDs and he tested negative for everything. Soon after that we got together and we always used condoms yet one day I get these sores "down there",go to the doctor and Im told I have herpes. My boyfriend said he didnt know he had it but he did sleep with someone between the time he was released from hospital and the time he first slept with me.

We have broken up since then. Trust me I tried to make it work but it was too hard. I cried myself to sleep for over a year, I still cry every now and then. reason being my highschool boyfriend and I were always planning to reunite after college but now obviously I cant. On top of that I have an STD that has no cure! The only way for me to meet someone (in my opinion) is online dating because I cant get back into the dating world and be rejected over and over again when I have to tell the person I am dating that I have an STD right before things start to get intimate.

So thats my story. I was first diagnosed in may 2007 and i am still dealing with it. still single and feel as if no one will ever love me. those datings sites cost money, money i dont have now because im still in college!! i just feel like its so unfair because college students are so promiscuous. I have had two long term relationships, slept with only two guys, always used condoms and now im the one that gets an STD?? age old question...WHY ME!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

cor13 HB User
Re: STD at 20

You can ask yourself a thousand questions about why. But it all comes down to this. WE have it and we have to live with it.We can still live normal lives. Dont let this still your joy. Try to tell yourself it could be worse. I know how you feel about being intamate with someone Im scared too. I have a husband and he tested negative. But there are people out there who will love you no matter what. From my understanding you can still be intamate you just have to be very careful. Relationships are not always based on sex. If that is more important than getting to know the person then they just want sex anyway

Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

Herpes is not the end of the world. My friend got it from somebody some years ago. She had laser surgery and has never had an outbreak since. It has been 11 years. Her doctor told her she is fine. She never even mentions it, she assumes it is gone although it is incurable. I don't think it is a horrible as you picture it and that nobody will love it because of it. Look at Pamela Anderson who has hepatitis. I bet a lot of men want to date her.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User

just remember 1 in 5 people have herpes. that means most of your college friends have it. you are thinking that you are one of a few that do. this is not the case. trust me every other guy out there probably has it. the guys in my opinion are the most active with girls and they are the ones spreading it and pretending that they didn't know. don't be fooled into thinking that you are the bad girl. BOYS will do just about anything to get a girl to sleep with them. most MEN think twice and almost all women will be upfront with the herpes confession. Take your meds and the outbreaks will be few and far between. then the thought won't be the first thing on your mind everyday.

Closed Thread