It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User
1 More Try, Then I Give Up--Those On Lexapro Or Were On It, Can You Help Me?

This community has always been so good to me and I appreciate all your feedback over the years.

I'm giving up on tramadol helping me--I'm going to 1/4 of a pill and off it.

I'm sorry I keep asking for help...I just always think there's someone out there who has had a similar experience.

If lexapro has always worked for you, but hasn't quite done the job at one time or another, what did you have to add to it?

I hate being so desperate and having to post over and over and I'm sorry about that.

I wish you guys had answers for me...something else to try (to add to the lexapro).

I've seen a post about pristiq which I have never heard of so I'm going to see what I can find out about that. I just keep searching and searching. I really need help. I want to live again.

I hope I hear from some of you.

Thank you so much.

Salty

Last edited by salty; 09-07-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong med

Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
(female)

misty57 HB User
Re: 1 More Try, Then I Give Up--Those On Lexapro Or Were On It, Can You Help Me?

Hi Salty, I have tried Lexapro a few years ago and it did nothing for me. I just felt like a zombie. I cannot take the ad's. They make me worse. I've tried many. I started taking chelated Zinc, half of a 50 mg caplet. For some reason they lift my mood and give me more energy. I don't know why. I have no answer as to why it does so. But it seems when I take a supplement that is chelated it gives me this effect. I don't know if I'm allowed to give the companys name that I order from but you could try it and see if it helps you. It only helps me on the day I take it. If I forget to take it a day or two I start to crash and the depression comes back. But believe me when I say this so far has been a life saver for me. It can't hurt to try it. And I would rather take a supplement then an AD. Like I said I don't know if I can give the company name because each company make there products differently. But if you do want to try it, get the chelated one. Misty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: 1 More Try, Then I Give Up--Those On Lexapro Or Were On It, Can You Help Me?

Thanks Misty57. I could have sworn I posted to you already, but I guess it didn't go through. Thank you for your suggestion.

Salty

Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty, are you still taking the chelated zinc?

I just started taking it because of hair loss and the hair loss is causing me to be really down. I'm taking a 50 mg tablet.

Just wondering if it still works for you. Please let me know if you can.

Thank you,
Salty

Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
(female)

zhope HB User

Lithium. Quickest, most effective med for deep depressive episodes I've ever had. It's a mood stabilizer, not an ssri. only prob is with long-term use it can cause weight gain but there are no sexual side effects! So I don't take it long term but I add it to Lexapro when I go into a tailspin. (for me it's situational--a major life changes causes me to go into depression deeply, even if I'm on Lexapro or another SSRI and only lithium kicks me out of it)

Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
(female)

misty57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
Misty, are you still taking the chelated zinc?

I just started taking it because of hair loss and the hair loss is causing me to be really down. I'm taking a 50 mg tablet.

Just wondering if it still works for you. Please let me know if you can.

Thank you,
Salty
Hi Salty, Yes I am still taking it and still helping me with depression. When I stop I start to crash. Like I said I don't know why its helping me but I just don't question it anymore. Has it helped with your depression at all. Misty

Old 03-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty, thank you for writing back. I'm in pain from an operation and really want to get into this in more detail with you. It hasn't helped me but I'm still taking it.

I'll write soon, okay?

Thanks!

Hugs,
Salty

Closed Thread