It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

stay2gether HB User
is this depression? feeling nothing

Most days I just dont even get out of bed apart from when I have to to go to work. The thing is I dont really feel anything ever....I never feel happy or sad I just feel nothing. I can just sit and not do anything for hours partly because I dont see any point anymore and I dont have the motivation. I dont have any passion for anything anymore. I am alone most of the time apart from whan I am at work. Ocassionally maybe once every 3 month I will feel really good and positive about things but this is short and is once again followed by negativity that goeson for ages untill the next positive few days....when ever that may be

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
(female)

saxlady HB User
Re: is this depression? feeling nothing

Yep...sure sounds like depression to me. I have been the same way for about 10 years till 2 weeks ago when I finally gave in and told the doc. We decided on effexar. I've been fighting this for a long time but just couldn't take it anymore. I have read sooo much bad stuff on antidepressents but had to do something. Well, I'm a new woman. I can not believe how good I feel. I started on 37s and yesterday went to 75s. I'm hoping to stop there. I am a musician and I don't want to screw up my "groove", so to speak. My hubby is VERY happy about it all. Every day he checks to see if I have need for a new prescription. Doesn't want me to miss a day. LOL. I don't know if this is what you need but it sure would be worth a try. The side effects were a little much at first. Nasia[ can't spell] and a mettalic taste but that went away in 6 days. Life is too short. Don't waste it. Find a solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

SRJ HB User

yep just like me..been depresed for a long time...go get help now

Old 09-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
(female)

stay2gether HB User

hi yeah Iv been on meds a few years back too but it got to the stage where I was just emotionless lol. All emotions were the same. So when I came off them it was like I had just woke up wierdly enough. Maybe my dose was a little high back then as my depression was the worst it had ever been. but maybe a small amount may help I might go back onthem, been thinking about it.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
(female)

stay2gether HB User

you still feeling good saxlady? how do you feel the meds have helped? like do they stop neg thoughts for you?

Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 AM   #6
(female)

dippyme HB User

Yeah i get like this too, i find the 'no' emotions more scarey than the weeping or down feelings - it makes you feel like your not living - its horrible as you all know.
Hope you can get some help to relieve these symptoms xxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread