It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
(male)

sonudelhi HB User
Low concentration and low energy problem

Hi All,
Here I need your help and guidance to solve my problem which has been troubling me for years. I am 30 year old male. I have low energy and low concentration problem. Some symptoms are:
1. Poor concentration while reading any book, sometimes I sit for hours without reading even a single page.
2. Daydream: always has daydream in mind literally everyday. my brain looks like fuzzy and cloudy.
3. If I go to sleep at 11 PM then I really can't get out of bed before 7 am in the morning. In the night I don't get up even for a single time.
4. Always like to sleep. when I get home I just want to lay down and sleep.
5. no enthusiasm to go out with friends or anything
6. Always think something in mind even while talking to someone or listening to any lecture. Hence unable to grasp the content of the speaker.
7. I tend to space out and forget things
8. My direction sense and face recognition power is low. I really forget direction and get confused while travelling.
I don't smoke and drink alcohol.
In the past I used to take exercise to come out from this situation but it really didn't help me much.
I think the problem is more than just a depression.
Any person can suggest possible solution to this problem. Should I go to psychiatric or any doctor.
Your help is solicited.
Thanks in advance

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
(male)

KeepinAnonymous HB User
Re: Low concentration and low energy problem

Hi, sorry that i cant actually help you. But i can tell you that i am 99.99% sure that me and you both have the same condition. Wish i could tell you what that is, but unfortunately cant. My symptoms are EXACTLY the same as yours, no difference. Was like reading about myself that. Have you spoken to your doctor What does he tell you is wrong? Mine threw anti depressants at me, so i threw them in the bin. Easiest solution for them.

Just thought i would let you know your not alone, and if you find out what was wrong, could you let me know, i will do the same.

Thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Most likely you are ruminating about your problems....Get involved with an activity such as volunteering so you think outside the box for a while....Either a psychiatrist or physician should be able to help you.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

stay2gether HB User

I can empathise aswell, maybe you are sleeping so much coz you have no motivation for anything so you dont see the point in doing much else?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
(male)

Introspective HB User

Hi there,

The symptoms you describe,ie the confusion,daydreaming and lack of focus are certainly depression related although this illness can take many forms.

I would suggest you take a trip to your doctor and have them assess your situation and hopefully they will point you in the direction of a therapist who may prescribe suitable medication and/or treatment to help you through this difficult period.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Hi i have the same problem with having difficulty concentrating. Since i've started cbt and been on meds it seems to be improving. I seem to be always living life in my thoughts hence i can't focus, people talk to me and my mind wanders to my thoughts and they are repetitive thoughts of the same things. Also i'll be listening to music and it just doesn't absorb in my mind.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

You sound exactly like me.

I take antidepressants, but I also fight it with food. I take Vit. D supplements, Deplin (a folic acid supplement), lots of water, Body Balance (a liquid sea-vegetable supplement), and Omega-3 supplements like fish oil and flaxseed oil. I try to eat three meals a day (not easy when you're so bored by food). I try to get some exercise but it's difficult because I'm tired a lot. I'm going through menopause and I sleep poorly - I sleep a lot but I have bad dreams, and wake up tired. I never wake up in the middle of the night, either.

I would say yes, it's more than depression. Depression is a symptom, after all, not a disease in itself. See a psychiatrist first of all. You might want to get your blood checked for vitamin deficiencies. Find a doctor who will order lab tests for you. It's possible to be persistent even when you just want to lie down and sleep. I've been there.

Also, watching the news has a lot of us feeling like giving up. Sometimes I just have to avoid watching the news and/or disturbing TV shows.

Don't give up. Sometimes I just have to take it one day at a time, like they do in AA. Don't beat up on yourself. You're ill, and it may be a lifetime battle. I'm always trying to come to terms with that. I grew up being told I was "healthy" and there was nothing wrong with me, I just had an attitude problem, I was "spoiled", etc. Not true.

"Getting involved" with volunteering, socializing with friends, etc., is easier said than done. When you're depressed, fun things just aren't fun. They're irritating, humiliating, and exhausting. I feel out of place, and just want to go home and sleep. Doing these things doesn't "snap" you out of serious depression. Socialize when you're feeling better!

Depression is caused by biological malfunctioning, and it snowballs. It doesn't get better over time unless you treat it aggressively. I wish you luck.

Last edited by Arggg; 09-14-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
(male)

Breezes HB User

I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist. They have a broad knowledge of depression and can recommend therapists in the area.

Cognitive problems are common with depression. Isolation is thought to be one reason. Support groups and group therapy can help.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
(female)

always smiling HB User

I have the same exact problem. Exactly as you described. I blame it on all the meds I take for depression and bipolar. Either that or lack of mind stimulation (can't think of right word). I basically just sit home all day and do minor household chores. I am on disability for my bipolar disorder.

Right now I should be mowing the grass in the backyard. I did the front, but I just can't find the energy to get it all finished. NO energy here either.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonudelhi View Post
1. Poor concentration while reading any book, sometimes I sit for hours without reading even a single page.
2. Daydream: always has daydream in mind literally everyday. my brain looks like fuzzy and cloudy.
Try to catch yourself early when you zone out. Get out of the house and take a walk or something. Your mind will shut down if you don't stay occupied.

Closed Thread