It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question celexa n rashes? pmdd? (pms)

hi everyone,
i have been taking celexa 60mg for pmdd (pms) for a while but it still didnt seem to help at that certin time of the month... so my dr. also put me on yaz birth control about 3 months go and SO FAR SO GOOD.... its really helping.... but i have noticed that i have had a vaginal rash (intching n a rash) , sorry and im so embarresst, i though maybe i was having a yeast infection monthly but now that i think about it i have had it for a long time and i dont remember having the problem before.... i also remember reading that one of the side effects of celexa was rashes, but it didnt say what kind of rashes.... omg, im so embarresst! my sister is also on celexa and has the same problem, but she bipolar and on all kinds of med. for all kinds of problems so she didnt know what was doing it either.
sorry so long....
ANYWAZ, MY QUESTION IS, IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT MIGHT HAVE OR HAD THIS PROBLEM??? OR CAN MAYBE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT??? IM JUST WOUNDERING IF MAYBE I CAN GET OFF OF MY CELEXA AND JUST STAY ON THE YAZ AND THAT STILL HELP WITH MY PMDD??? YEA, I KNOW I GOT TO TALK TO MY DR. BUT I ALSO WANT TO HEAR WHAT ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM.....
THNKS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO ANY INFORMATION......

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
(female)

sweeterthan HB User
Re: celexa n rashes? pmdd? (pms)

I'm on Celexa and never had a rash anywhere, I've heard of others getting rashes though. 60 mg is a pretty high dosage. Maybe your meds need to be ajusted. Especially taking it with the birth control because it could be that too. I'd call your doctor in the morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question Re: celexa n rashes? pmdd? (pms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
I'm on Celexa and never had a rash anywhere, I've heard of others getting rashes though. 60 mg is a pretty high dosage. Maybe your meds need to be ajusted. Especially taking it with the birth control because it could be that too. I'd call your doctor in the morning.

hi and thnks for the reply... ive had the rashes a long while and have been on the birth control for 3 months so i know the yaz has nothing to do with it...
you said, " youve heard of others getting rashes?" i was just woundering was it in the vaginal area or other places????? looking forward to hear from u again... thnks again...
julie

Closed Thread