It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Still Very Low...please Help!

I suffer from depression, its a fact and I know it. However I dont have good health as I have been diagnosed with a Sysyemic Inflammatory disease, it looks like it could be Lupus. Last November I suffered a terrible relapse and ended up in hospital 3 times. I fought the illness physically and mentaly for years, however after that relapse I really felt VERY low. I went to the doctor, told him how I felt and asked If I could see a counsellor. He said he didn't think that would help and suggested I go on to Prozac. I took them for 4 weeks, only on the 4th week I became very angry, highly anxious and paranoid. I got up one morning and decided it was time to kill my partner and myself. As the day went on I got worse, I was losing the plot comletely. Something inside me still worked logically and I decided to call the Doctor. He suggested I get myself to him immediatly.
I drove the car down the road when I completley went bang. I drove the car off the road into a bridge, I tried to kill myself in order to stop the torment and phsycotic behaviour I was suffering.
My partner called me at that point and talked me through staying exactly where I was until she arrived. At this point I was petrified of her and couldnt trust myself not to attack her. She got to me and put me in her car, I couldnt bear to look at her, I was stuttering, totaly manic and pulling at my hair.
We got to the Doctor and my behaviour was getting worse. I started pouring water over my head and begged the doctor to kill me. I was immediatley admitted into a phsyciatric ward at the local hospital, where they gave me lorazipam to try calm me down. I was a total wreck.
I remained on that ward for a week, the next day they decided that I had suffered a severe reaction and was having a phsycotic attack due to the Prozac. They took me off it straight away. I certainly didn't feel better right away, I was now suffering from major panic attacks and paraniod periods.
This episode has left me totally scarred, I still suffer from panic attacks and feel even lower than when I first went to the Doctor.
The decision then was to put me on to Citalopram 20mg, I have now been on it for 2 months and whilst it has helped with the anxiety and helped a little, I find myself still struggling to be myself again. I am PETRIFIED of having another Phsycotic attack, I keep testing myself in situations to see if I feel ok and if I feel Im going to loose the plot.
I don't know if I should see my doctor to increase the amount of Citalopram, Im in a mess, and I just don't know what to do. I can't stop crying and Im angry with the whole episode I had to endure due to taking the Prozac, its changed me totally, from a fairly strong minded peron to a wreck with no confidence and deeply depressed.
Is it wise to increase the Citalopram, am I likely to have BAD side effects?..I just want ME back.
Any help or advice would be SO appreciated...Thanks..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
(female)

SRJ HB User
Re: Still Very Low...please Help!

My advice...call or go back to the doctor. 20 mg of Celexa is very low I'm on 40 and it helps
Hang in there....it will get better!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User
Re: Still Very Low...please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy123 View Post
I went to the doctor, told him how I felt and asked If I could see a counsellor. He said he didn't think that would help and suggested I go on to Prozac.(
I do not know why a doctor would discourage counseling.

Closed Thread