It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User
I feel very depressed

I didn't know whether to post on this board or the anxiety or stress board since I experience all of these feelings.
I am so depressed, anxious and stressed out that I don't know what to do. I feel like I can barely function. I have two kids and have to be functional for them.
Everything feels dark and gloomy and I feel like screaming. My marriage has fallen apart and I am looking for a way to divorce my husband and be able to survive financially. I have a few friends, but don't want to wear them out by constantly talking about my problems.
I have made so many mistakes in my life and now I feel stuck. I don't know where to even start to better my life. I also feel exhausted and would sleep all day if I could.
We have a large amount of debt and I know that half of it will be my responsibility to pay when I leave my husband.
I have done a lot of therapy in the past and feel tired of it and I can't afford it either at this point. I have also tried different medication, but each time OCD thinking has made me stop after a month or so. I never felt any better with the medication, just kept obsessing about it. Now I take valium and it helps me to go through the days.
I feel more depressed lately since the school started again. Now I have to take my kids to and from school and there is so much that triggers me and makes me depressed. It feels like high school all over again. People are clicking with each other and I always end up feeling like an outsider. I can't believe that I am middle aged and still feel like this. I sometimes also feel like people are talking about my son behind our backs because he is pretty controversial and likes to make waves.
I just wish all this would stop and I could feel well. I wish I could look at the bright side of life and at everything I have to be happy about. I just don't know how to do that when the bad thoughts are overwhelming me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User
Re: I feel very depressed

Perhaps there are meds you have not tried....I know physicians do not prescribe the tricyclic ad's much anymore, but they do work as well as ssri's.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

You have to have a little help from someone.No one can solve the Depression/Anxiety cycle alone.I am mr. Outsider himself,so i know what it's like.I get Ativan from my regular Doc for anxiety,when I need it.I get Paxil from him also.It must be Controlled Release to work for me.I take that daily,for depression,but I am scared to take a higher dose,which I need.There are non profits around here to help,such as United Way,Catholic Charities(all faiths),and many others.Ours need 3 or 4 million every year,so you know a lot of people are availing themselves of their services.We have a great outfit here for women in
dire need of help, called "SOS".I believe they are helped by the United Way also
Lots of luck....Bill.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User

Vallium might help you get thru the days, but you may just be giving yourself another problem to deal with in the long run.

You sound depressed. I can understand why you don't want to have to deal with counseling on top of everything else, but if you really are clinically depressed, antidepressants could help with the depression and the anxiety. Plus they're not addictive.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BipolarPrincess HB User

AH, I feel the same as you. (with the highschool bit) Sounds you are stressed out, and need to see a therapist. Teach you some skills to deal with things. How much valium are you on? I take valium, they are adjusting my dose right now. I have a high tolerance to things and it sucks.. Hang in there, find a counselor/therapist and talk to them. I know you don't want to be a burden to your friends. Let us know how you are

Closed Thread