It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
(male)

baz1 HB User
depression

When i am workin i am fine but when i get home and have 2 days of i get depressed. feeling so low that i cant have fun with my daughter. I miss being myself. my daughter is only 1 year old. me and my partner always arque. dont know what do do. Its been like this for over half a year and it seems that its getting worse.
I dont feel myself anymore.

what can i do??

Old 09-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
(male)

Jaxxon28 HB User
Re: depression

You can see your doctor and mention your depression symptoms, or possibly look into seeing a psychologist or something like that. If it stems from you and your partner arguing, you can probably look into couples counseling, which may be able to help you two work things out, in which case that may alleviate a lot of the depression you are feeling when you are at home.

The reason you might feel it just at home is because that might be where the feelings of depression are coming from, or maybe because you are busy and occupied at work, whereas at home, you have more "free time" to obsess over your depressed feelings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

AliceT HB User
Re: depression

PPD can affect new dad's as well as new mum's, it's just not as well known. Sometime it doesnt show up for 6-12 months! It's a big reposibility to work (esp. if you are the sole breadwinner at the moment), have a one year old and a partner who needs you. Give yourself the credit you deserve, you are probably very tired without knowing it. Your partner will be tired - one year old's can keep you exhausted no matter how great they are! but do get some help becouse things can only get better.

Closed Thread