It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

sammie94 HB User
Am I?

Hi,
Umm,
Well basically i want to know if i actually am depressed, im only ** but i just feel like nothing, worthless.
I spent the whole of my summer holidays in my room or in bed just cause i didnt feel good enough to go outside and do something.
I dont sleep anymore, i cant, even when i do, i have nightmares about my early childhood because i was abused as a kid.
I dont have the urge to do anything, not even eat, not even dance which ive done ever since i can remember. Dancing has always been the main focus and goal in my life... but now... i just dont have the energy, mentally and physically.
I cant remember the last time i had a good laugh with friends.

This is just driving me crazy!!! I keep cutting myself without even thinking about it. I dont feel the pain anymore.

Some advice? A friendly comment? Anything?

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 09-15-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: do not post your age, refer to board posting guidelines

Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

Bonitagirl HB User
Re: Am I?

It sounds like you have something going on. Do you have a parent or someone you can talk to? Sometimes just being able to talk to someone about how you are feeling will make you feel better. I would try to seek some medical help. I know it can be hard to make that first step, but all you do is suffer until you ask for help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
(female)

marge1961 HB User
Re: Am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie94 View Post
Hi,
Umm,
Well basically i want to know if i actually am depressed, im only ** but i just feel like nothing, worthless.
I spent the whole of my summer holidays in my room or in bed just cause i didnt feel good enough to go outside and do something.
I dont sleep anymore, i cant, even when i do, i have nightmares about my early childhood because i was abused as a kid.
I dont have the urge to do anything, not even eat, not even dance which ive done ever since i can remember. Dancing has always been the main focus and goal in my life... but now... i just dont have the energy, mentally and physically.
I cant remember the last time i had a good laugh with friends.

This is just driving me crazy!!! I keep cutting myself without even thinking about it. I dont feel the pain anymore.

Some advice? A friendly comment? Anything?
You may have to see a doctor and he will try you on antidepressents. Do you work?or get out of house at all? I do,but had to drag myself out every day, then finally went to doc. Talk with somebody about how your feeling and ask if they will go with you to see a doctor, it helps when you have somebody,even if they just along for the ride. It seems we had alot of the same symptoms. I didnt have energy, and seemed to abandon my friends and wanted to stay home all the time and sleep or watch tv!

Closed Thread