It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

momoftwo31 HB User
Depression or Stress?

I still don't understand what I have is it depression or stress?

My depression/stress started April 07.

My husband and I were in an armed robbery at my parents store. My husband had been in the shop at 5am to start the paper delivery's when four men came in to the store and held him with a knife while beating me with base ball bats all because they wanted me to open the safe, and I was asleep in bed. I had counselling but my husband didn't want to go. In May my eldest daughter 13years was followed off the tram by a man in his 30's she was unharmed but shaken my husband went looking for the man but to no avail.

In June my husband was knocked off his motor bike and suffered a shoulder injury we though all our bad look had happened only in December

I slipped a disc in my spine and was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery as the disc was in a bad way. I went into hospital on 10Th of December and came out on 18Th February as the operation went completely wrong and I ended up having Discitis in my back and Cellulitis in my legs and was in a bad way apparently they brought me back twice.

My husband was trying to cope with working and looking after our two girls age 13 and 5. When I came out of hospital I was disabled and unable to go back to work as I couldn't look after myself go to the toilet on my own or dress my self so it was left to my husband once again. my husband started to become very distant and he had lost weight I put this down to stress but he began to snap at the girls and pushed his friends and family away. When ever I spoke to him he would snap or start an argument so I didnt know what way to turn.

Eventually he said he was leaving so he left but only for the weekend and came home again saying he stayed with his mother I believed him as he was so stressed the following weekend he left again saying him mother wouldn't let him stay so he stayed with his brother but came home again after the weekend. I asked him several time what was wrong and on one occasion he said he was very down and felt suicidal so I booked him in with our doctor and he was given antidipressants.

On second of June 2008 I woke to find my husband soaking wet and not breathing and going blue tinged round his lips I so began CPR and got him breathing I phoned the Paramedics and they took him to hospital. I got my children to my mothers home and went to the hospital. My husband was in and out of sleep at one stage he turned to me and said im sorry i have taken your tablets so I told the hospital what I was on and indeed he had taken an overdose.

I was completely beside myself this man I had lived with and loved for 17years couldn't turn to me. He was in a coma for 3 days when he came round I was still sat with him even though I was still very ill I couldnt leave him. so I sat there for 72 hours.

Then the big blow came I asked why would he do such a selfish act when our two girls were at home and he said he was trapped and couldnt find a way out I didnt understand untill he told me he had been having an affair which started in November just before I went into hospital and that he had asked my mum to have the children as he couldnt cope but the truth was he was sleeping with his mistress in my home.

However when I came out of hospital he tried to finish this affair but she wasn't having any of this and began pushing notes through our front door but my neighbour has a teenage son the same name as my husband and he passed this on as if it was for my neighbour and they had the wrong address I believed him. However now I no the truth and Im at aloss. My husband is still living in our home with me and the children the children no nothing about it.

My husband still sleeps in our bed but there will be no intemacy because he has hurt me so much. I do love him but im not inlove with him anymore. He tells me every day he loves me and that he made a very bad mistake and that it scared him so much that he would never do anything like this again and that he will fight tooth and nail to keep our marriagae together. Me... well I don't know what to do I cry alot and feel stressed and depressed....
Should I run in the other direction/ should I trust him??? im so confused can anybody give me any advice please

Last edited by momoftwo31; 09-18-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling amendment

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread