It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
(male)

remy007 HB User
2 months into Pristiq - can't keep my eyes open.

I'm thinking of going back to Effexor XR or RX. The transition was pretty smooth over to pristiq and I had no side effects for the first month or so.

Now I'm so I'm going to bed right after I put my kids to bed 8pm.

I am having major memory loss

Normally I have a iron gut but this stuff has made me throw up twice. Last time I was that sick was over 20 years ago.

I have a shorter fuse than before effexor and yelled at my son last night for no good reason.

I'm so friggin tired I don't even feel like going into depth here on this message board to see if others are having the same issues. I'm tired of all these drugs, tired of the doctors.

One good thing from pristiq is I gained 10 lbs. another 10 would be nice. I'm 6'2" 175 so a little weight would be nice. I'm getting a little sick I think, sore throat and stuff so maybe that isn't helping. You know us men are babies when we get sick.

So
Tired, mad, sick, weight gain, memory loss. My sex drive was demolished on Effexor for a good 2 months but on Pristiq I'm good to go.

I'm also on Wellbutrin & Depakote....you'd think I was happier than a clown and high as a kite with all the drugs I'm gobbling up.

Last edited by remy007; 09-17-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB User
Re: 2 months into Pristiq - can't keep my eyes open.

I'm on pristqi also 50 mg. . My moods are good, but I've gained weight also. That's the one thing I didn't want to do. I'm tired also on this medication. Did you gained on the effxor? Keep me posted how you're doing on the pristqi.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
(male)

remy007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles1 View Post
I'm on pristqi also 50 mg. . My moods are good, but I've gained weight also. That's the one thing I didn't want to do. I'm tired also on this medication. Did you gained on the effxor? Keep me posted how you're doing on the pristqi.
I've weighed 165 since the end of highschool and I'm now 31....gained my first 10 lbs. when I started Pristiq (175). Didn't gain anything on Effexor but I've heard most people do. I started taking the Pristiq at night now to see if I can just sleep off the tiredness. I can't say if its working that way yet or not but what I can say is today is Monday and I feel pretty good for being back at work and knowing what I face this week at work (long story). In any case its hard for me to gauge things because I'm on three different meds. I haven't found anyone taking what I take so its hard sometimes. I do know that everyone is different but the side effects from Effexor to Pristiq,...I'd take the Effexor ones anyday. My biggest problem on Effexor was the YAWNS. Oh my goodness I would yawn so hard but I wouldn't be tired. On Pristiq I don't even have the yawns...just exhausted. Mentally and physically. I've never seen anyone happy to gain weight but I am diggin that part of it. I had to buy all new work pants so I'm not a heafty 34 rather than a 32.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB User

Remy , How are you doing taking the pristqi at night? I went to the doctor today. We decided to go back taking 37.5 of effexor. I'm going to try it for a month to see how it does. The pristqi made me tired also. I did sleep good at night while on it. Keep me posted how you are doing on it.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
(male)

bono1968 HB User

I have never taken effexor, I have been taking Pristiq for about 6 months. I cant say it makes me overly tired, I take it in the AM. Also why are you taking 175 mg? Everything I have read says you don't gain much from taking more than 50 mg (maybe just more of the side effects). Good luck!!

Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

I'm on the 50mg for now, I tried the 100mg and it was to much for me. It does make me tired. I thought about trying to take it at night.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

remy, wanted to know how you are doing taking the pristqi at night? Does it make a good deal of difference bt taking it at night?

Closed Thread