It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
(male)

Wumbini213 HB User
What is causing my depression?

Hi, So im not entirely sure why I am so depressed. I have a great life compared to alot of people. Im a senior in High school, I have a great car, alot of friends, I get good grades and i'm friends with pretty much everyone. Ive been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 years now and we are very in love but im not happy anymore.

Theres nothing in my life that has happened to make me depressed, it sort of just happened maybe a year ago? But it wont go away now. My friends are great but I cant talk to them about it because IM the person they come to for help. Everything I used to do to keep me entertained and happy is just boring and useless... Im still doing well in school, but its getting hard to concentrate. I have a bit of stress about college, but all my grades and scores are fine, so im not really stressed about it much.

I absolutely love my girlfriend, and we never really had problems, but as much as i hate to say it, im just not happy around her anymore. Im not going to break up with her, I just feel bad because I dont want to really do anything anymore. Ive experienced a huge loss in libdo, which is weird because im a teenager, and that just shouldnt happen.

Im really hoping it's hormones(In which case it should go away? I hope), but I dont know. I feel like im just going to drag everyone down with me because im so depressed. Homecoming is this weekend and im looking forward to it, but I dont want to ruin the fun if im completely dead the whole time.

Im not sure what im asking for because I refuse to take medication, I guess i just want help or something? I dont know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

cassie19 HB User
Re: What is causing my depression?

Hey
im not exactly fantastic at advice but ill try :/ have you tryed seeing a counseller? is there any family member you could talk to? maybe it could be going into your final year of school are you sad about moving on next year?the thought of the transition from school to college is a scary one.Or perhaps listening to your friends problems could be bringing you down sometimes if you are constantly listening to other peoples woes it can build up and you have other peoples worries piling up in your head on top of your own.and i know how you feel with your girlfriend because i love my boyfriend but sometimes im not so happy when im with him usually i find its because im bored with the same old same old but ive just started college and hes begun a new job and ive found that its made things more interesting for us because were both so busy when we do spend time together its more of a novelty.You say youve been feeling like this for about a year?Its a possiblity that it could be related to boredom.Youve been in a relesonship for 3 years and have been in school for many years and your probably just ready to move on to the next big stage of your life
sorry i know im not much help i just said id throw out some ideas

Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
(male)

Wumbini213 HB User
Re: What is causing my depression?

I think you're right about me being ready to move on to the next big stage. For a while now nothign has really been a challange for me. I've been taking AP classes and starting up new hobbies but it seems like I do so well in them they arent fun. I recently took up trying to learn piano/keyboard and within a month my teacher has me playing Full pieces.

Im so ready for college and tired of high school its rediculous.

I just was hanging out with my dad earlier and rigth now i feel a hell of alot better.

Thanks, I just couldnt realize what it was but now I think I feel alot better

Closed Thread