It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

Argamemnon HB User
Can't generate a facial expression!

I feel dead inside.. no emotions nothing. When I look at someone's face I can't generate a facial expression. I'm terrified

Last edited by Argamemnon; 09-23-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
Re: I feel dead inside

Hi, you are suffering from the symptoms of depression for sure. I feel dead at times but i mainly have anxiety. Has anything brought this on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
(male)

Argamemnon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therag View Post
Hi, you are suffering from the symptoms of depression for sure. I feel dead at times but i mainly have anxiety. Has anything brought this on?
Hi, perhaps years of social isolation..

Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
(male)

Argamemnon HB User

I may be physically alive, but have never felt like this before. I feel dead inside. I feel so bad that I can't imagine that this is merely caused by depression. It's as if my body and soul have separated. I don't feel human anymore. I can't think, I can't function, and I can't feel anything.

It's hard to explain, but I'm absolutely convinced that this is something beyond depression. I have never felt so hopeless. I fear that I can never work again and function normally in society.

I also wonder if my current desperate state can be attributed to years of social isolation. As we all know, environmental factors are important in the development of mental illnesses.

I don't know what to do, other than making an appointment with a psychiatrist. Is this it, is this my life, my destiny? As time passes I end up feeling much worse instead of feeling better.

I'm left with nothing else than my religion and my belief in God. I hope God will one day answer my prayers. Regardless of which factors triggered my mental illness, it seems that I have no choice but to resign myself to this situation. But I don't know how I can live suffering like this.

Last edited by Argamemnon; 09-28-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
(female)

charpo HB User

I was just look through and saw this. I'm feeling the very same. It's almost like I'm trappd inside myself and am trying to get out. I don't feel happy, I don't feel sad, I just don't feel. Its bothering me, but the panic I usually feel is numb.

I go to work and am ok sometimes, but other times, it gets worse. I take generic clonopan for anxiety and I just keep taking them. I just feel like I'm drifting away!

If you get any answers, please let me know.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

AliceT HB User

Argamennon, you poor darling. I really really really do understand. Several years ago I had a very horrible and public miscarriage (long story) I was completely devesated and could not believe the emotional pain. I felt emty, hollow. My face was disconnected with my soul and I could not smile or cry, I was blank. I would walk along the street and feel like a fake, a fraud becouse I would think that while people could see my body, I wasent really there. I felt absolatally nothing.
I cant tell you how long it lasted becouse I dont know, I just noticed one day that I didnt feel like that anymore, I could feel again. It hasent been an easy recovery, I suffer depression and am extremely sentivtive toward other people but I am getting happier...so hang in there and know that while you feel completely alone, you're actually amongst friends here. See your psych, they will help.
Take care

Last edited by AliceT; 09-28-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
(male)

Argamemnon HB User

Thank you Alice..

Last edited by Argamemnon; 09-28-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Closed Thread