It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Just Started Paxil

I am wondering what I may start to feel by using Paxil. I have had depression on and off for years now. It never goes away for good it seems. I feel so all alone, very tired all the time, and afraid. Anyone using or used Paxil and now feeling better? I just feel so awful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: Just Started Paxil

Please, I am in need of some replies. Anyone, can you relate to just being depressed and feeling so alone and unhappy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
(female)

nerdo HB User

Hi skyy11, it's a fellow July mommy. Have you talked to your OB about postpartum depression? It's the secret no one talks about. I had no idea it would hit me so badly (I've suffered from depression in the past but it didn't compare to now). I've been taking Wellbutrin XL for weeks now, and I do feel better. But it wasn't just the meds. The baby's older, I've recuperated from the C-section, I'm not as sleep deprived, I gave up breastfeeding, etc. Lots of things have added to my feeling better.

Apparently it's so much more common than you would think. Shame, societal pressures, the desire to be perfect, the loss of your previous life and independence, and the drastic hormonal changes that occur at childbirth....they all add up to a potent cocktail of sadness and isolation.

Hang in there...the Paxil will kick in soon (mine took at least three weeks). If not, talk to your doctor about trying another medication. Good luck

Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

nerdo-Thanks for the reply! Is postpartum depression different from regular depression? I have had depression issues in the past anyway, so I guess I may be more prone to getting the postpartum? I had to go to my Dr.'s office to start the Paxil. It is already helping! I hope to get more energy because I had been so sleepy all the time. Hope you are doing good!

Closed Thread