It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User
Daughter only thing keeping me alive

she brings me so much joy....i feel so unloved everwhere else...or it seems like everyone loves everyone more than they love me.....but my daughter...shes a baby..but she smiles when she sees me...very uncoditional love.....i feel ripped apart...but i thank god for her...

Its hard not to compare you relationships with others...but if its infront of ur face...u have to.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Re: Daughter only thing keeping me alive

Hi Gio! I am so sorry that you're not feeling well today and feeling unloved. Have you been feeling sad or depressed since the baby was born, or did you have depression issues prior to her birth? Have you spoken to a doctor about how you feel, or a counselor? There is so much available out there as far as treatment and counseling. No one should have to feel sad on a consistant basis. My heart goes out to you as I have felt sad and hopeless after giving birth and my niece has suffered from post-partum depression as well. Please seek help as soon as possible--you are worth it and just remember that you bring a smile everyday to someone who, although very small, thinks you're the greatest thing in the world. God bless and take care--Hopeto--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Re: Daughter only thing keeping me alive

Hold on to that as hard as you can. She needs you and you need her. I was in the same shape when my kids were young, but I knew they needed me. Even in the very dark moments when I felt they'd be better off without me, I knew that it would be a terrible sin to burden them with the pain and shame of a parent committing suicide.

Get the help you need. You deserve it and so does your daughter. It's part of your job to take care of yourself, so you can take care of her. It's like they say on airplanes. Put on your own Oxygen mask first and then help those who can't help themselves.

It's really important for you to have a safety net built in for the both of you. Make sure that there is a neighbor or relative who will check up on you both from time to time. Try to reach out to someone around you, with a smile or gesture. They might be just as lonely as you are.

I can guarantee you that there are people out there who care about you. The depression fools your brain into seeing coldness and meanness where none was intended. The disease causes us to push people away right when we need them the most.

Closed Thread