It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

Hana33 HB User
Hi , this is the first time Im admitting to being depressive

Hi , this is the first time Im admitting to being depressive, I think what I have is Dysthemia, I have been like this since my teens-(on & of)
In the past I have left a job because I lost it one day,y things are getting better but it doesnt help that my family is somewhat dysfunctional- my mother is depressive! The worst is on the outside Im mostly okay but suddenly it hits me and I feel so low!so depressed!I think it festrs inside and find myself sleeping less, eating terribly and I feel as if everyone else is doing better except for me,...
my husband is from another state, so we are struggling to find a balance between work and living together- he is my only grain of sanity at times, Life changed for me when I met him-(I was much worse when i was younger) but now I really want to do something about it.
At times I struggle so much so much! and I feel no one will understand, its as if I live a secret life. Most of this arises from my mother's/family's indifferent behaviour.

Im presently living with my mother since my husband is away-
to elaborate- she recently has stopped talking to me simply beacause I over reacted to something she said one morning.
I could not believe she would still treat me like this!! A few days later she was she was due for an operation to remove cataract from her eye...
With all the stress- being ignored by your own mother!!
I could not get sleep and was over-eating the night before,
In the morning I could not pull myself tgether and she just left with my dad!! I dont think if I had a daughter I would treat her like that, I would talk to her, but she just ignores me.

I desperately want to live life fully! Please tell me Im not crazy to be reacting like this, Im so depressed it makes me cry, I feel alone and vulnerable.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

Les3elles HB User
Re: Hi , this is the first time Im admitting to being depressive

Hi... Im sorry to hear about your situation! If you are predisposed to depression the odds are stronger that you might have it too. I would take a deep breath and make an appt with your GP and talk to him or her about how you are feeling and for how long you have felt like this on and off. In order to be «depressed» it doesnt have to be all the time, it does come and go and when you are in a depressive state, you are less patient and tolerant, possibly explaining why you are not getting along with your mom.
Please go see your doctor!
Take care!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

Hana33 HB User
Smile Re: Hi , this is the first time Im admitting to being depressive

Thank u so much...things have been better with my mother...nonetheless I spoke with a close freind whose sister is a psycho-therapist. I have asked her to refer someone for me. You are right. I dont feel this way always and when I am in a depressive state I am less patient and tolerant. I am keen on getting help/ counselling.
Thank you.....

Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
(female)

Les3elles HB User

You are more than welcome and kudos to you for staying strong and following through with your wellness plan! Keep us posted

Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

esther53 HB User

You are NOT crazy for reacting like that. I know exactly how you feel when you say you are alone and that everyone else is better off. I don't know for sure how to fix the situation (because I'm in a similar one) but I want you to know that you are not, by any means, alone. There a lot of us out there. I would also say that you should look out for yourself before worrying about your relationship with your mother. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate already and stress over something that there is time to repair will only make it worse. I'm glad that you are able to be honest with yourself! Hang in there! Just remember that we are all in the same boat and that you deserve to live the normal, happy life you want.

Closed Thread