It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Lonely Saturday Nights

Hey Everyone! Why do I feel like the only one home alone on a Saturday night? I have very good friends but they are at a different point in life. I'm the only single one. I went to an Irish Fair today, with my mom. It seemed that everyone had this glorious life. I don't miss the bar scene. But they were all hopping. Couples holding hands, people with kids. What is a single person supposed to do on a Saturday, by themselves? How do I get myself out there? I'm on Match but don't trust it at all. I feel like I'm on the outside of life, looking in. Tell me I'm not the only single 30 year old who spends many Saturday nights alone!!! I feel like I have no life. Tell me it's not that!!!

Jenn

Old 10-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

ch1304 HB User
Re: Lonely Saturday Nights

Jenn,

I here to tell you that you are not the only one alone on Sat. Night. I am alone here in my bedroom, drinking a glass of wine and wayching lifetime movies. My daughter is gone now...(another story in my last post) I do have a boyfriend (kind of) he sleeps on the couch though and he never touches me, he is nice enough sometimes but there is nothing more physical or passionate anymore and that makes me feel even more alone. I feel like a prisoner b/c I don't feel free to go out to find anyone else and yet I am still alone. Its hard to explain though. His sister passed away and he went home to her funeral so I am alone but it feels almost the same to me.

Sorry you are feeling down. I have felt that way before too. It seems like when I am alone my friends are in relationships and vice versa. i should get up and go down to a rest. or lounge but I don't feel like getting dressed and going. I used to have my daughter with me and we would have girls night and waych movies with popcorn etc... but now she is gone too and now I am faceing an expensive court battle.

You know my advice would be why don't you get ready and go to a coffee shop/book store. That is a livly place and may be you will find some good books or strike up a conversation with someone. I used to do that when I was at the very lowest and I met one of my very very best friends there. It was raining so hard outside and it was funny b/c we both stopped at about the same time b/c it was raining to hard to see how to drive, she parked beside me and we ended up sitting next to each other. We talked for a very long time before we realized that we used to work at the same place ( we didn't know each other then) anyway, she has become one of my closest friends but she just moved about 300 miles away even though we still talk on the phone.

I hope your feeling better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
(female)

prtypink80 HB User
Smile Re: Lonely Saturday Nights

Hi Jenn the advice from the previous post sounds great. I am also alone satuday night I wasn't before but I became a widow almost 4 months ago. I'm 28 and alone and feeling so empty. I'm battling depression and of course I'm grieving. Its just horrible I spend all days in bed and have no energy actually no will. But the previous post made me think I should go to a book store and maybe read some books on how to deal with grief. Jenn you go to the book store my be you'll meet a good friend or may be a boyfriend.

Closed Thread