It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face Zoloft and terrified. Prozac?

Good morning all.

I have been taking Lexapro, and Kloplin for over two years now, and done really well until lately, stress gone mad.

I also take 10 mgs. of Prozac 7 days before my period, for the doc said this would help with the anxiety. It really goes wild then.

I went to the doc Monday, and he said "Let's try Zoloft", the side effects are scaring me to death. OMG, I have finally found peace with my weight, worked hard , and scared to gain (which is a big side effect) from what I have heard.

I don't want to hurt his feelings (The doctor) but what should I do? This morning I took 20 mgs of lexapro like normal, and 10mgs of Prozac, and feel pretty good. My anxiety so far is very low, and I am not tired.

How do I tell him or should I try the Zoloft???????? I don't want to make him mad, he is really trying to help. He also suggested cymbalta? I don't want to gain, that is depressing in itself.

Please advise on you good and bad with Zoloft.

I love you all.
Donna

Last edited by himmylover; 10-09-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: Zoloft and terrified. Prozac?

I hate to beg, but any story or help would be greatly appreciate.

Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
(male)

REDD998 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
I hate to beg, but any story or help would be greatly appreciate.

Donna
I think Zoloft worked for me for about 2 month's.The problem is that 50 MG'S was the most I could take.Anything higher and I would get extremely anxious.If anything 25 MG's was getting better then the 50 MG's.The problem was that Zoloft just stopped working for me.Also I stopped taking the medicine quite quickly in 2005 and I had terrible side affects.I was on and off of Zoloft because of the traumatic expierence of the passing away of my Mother. The one think about Prozac is that it is one of the few SSRI meds that doesn't seem to put weight on people and can be stopped.Lexapro did nothing for me but make me tired.That being said I have not been prescribed or taken Prozac in about 12 or 13 years so I don't know what to expect if I go back to the Doctor's for SAD which I apparently get from when the weather gets cold.I totally lack motivation when it gets cold.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
(male)

REDD998 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
Good morning all.

I have been taking Lexapro, and Kloplin for over two years now, and done really well until lately, stress gone mad.

I also take 10 mgs. of Prozac 7 days before my period, for the doc said this would help with the anxiety. It really goes wild then.

I went to the doc Monday, and he said "Let's try Zoloft", the side effects are scaring me to death. OMG, I have finally found peace with my weight, worked hard , and scared to gain (which is a big side effect) from what I have heard.

I don't want to hurt his feelings (The doctor) but what should I do? This morning I took 20 mgs of lexapro like normal, and 10mgs of Prozac, and feel pretty good. My anxiety so far is very low, and I am not tired.

How do I tell him or should I try the Zoloft???????? I don't want to make him mad, he is really trying to help. He also suggested cymbalta? I don't want to gain, that is depressing in itself.

Please advise on you good and bad with Zoloft.

I love you all.
Donna
I forgot to tell you that this Doctor must not be a psychiatrist because if he or she is why would he prescribe Prozac 10 Mg 7 day's before your period when it takes around 30 days to feel any benefits from the Prozac.I never hears also of a person being prescribed 2 SSRI Meds ever at the same time.Zoloft did work at 50 MG's no doubt but after 2 or 3 mionth's I felt it wore off dramatically.I did notice a little weight gain and for me that was just as depressing as being depressed.I heard that Zoloft and Prozac were like close cousin's but no one seems to complain about weight gain on Prozac.Everyone is different and who knows about Cymbalta but I would research it more and not take the Doctor's word.Most Doctor's are just guessing when they prescribe an Antidepressant.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you, I just worried of the side effects of Zoloft, guess I will just stay on the Lexapro and do the Prozac with it everyday. I go back Nov 5th.

I will just have to tell a white fib, not nice, but scard of the Zoloft.

Thank you................

Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
(male)

Bonds81 HB User

I gained a substantial amount of weight on Zoloft. Ultimately "night terrors" drove me off. I could not handle the nightly thirty minute episodes of mass confusion and agitation. I did not recognize my family or house during the terrors.

Each person reacts different to meds.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OMG, that is scary.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 AM   #8
(female)

lv2srf HB User

It's scary trying new meds, isn't it, when you found something that was working?

Zoloft was what worked for me. Like other antidepressants, you may have an increase in anxiety when starting it, but you may not. That Klonopin can help navigate the initial side effects.

There's nothing wrong with being rx'd Prozac for a week. It works for PMDDs (period issues), listed as an on-label use now. Combinations, too, of SSRIs does happen.

btw, himmylover, I've seen Lexapro rx'd up to 40 mg. by psychiatrists. That might be an option worth asking about since you know Lex. has worked for you. Maybe just call your doc and see what you can do/will do from now until you go to the appointment next week. Take care.

Closed Thread