It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User
zoloft v's other antidep's

HI all,
I have been reading other threads and I have learnt a great deal so thank you to all of you for sharing....
My question is prompted by another thread regarding medications. I currently take zoloft and lamictal. I was talking to a friend who is taking lexapro and she is really pleased with what it has done for her. Does anyone have any expereince with both lexapro and zoloft and/or does anyone have a preferrance?
A quick background. I was diagnosed with post natal (partum) depression after the birth of our third baby. I initally self diagnoses and sort help from my ob who referred me to a terrific psych who I do cog. behave. therapy with. As my treatment progresses I am realising that i have suffered depression etc for many years on and off. I just didnt understnad it, I thought I was odd!
I started low dose Zoloft 25mg about 14 months ago and at first it worked well and I felt a little better. about four months ago I supplemented the Zoloft with lamictal 50mg to help stabilize my fats and rather dramatic mood swings.
Lately I have felt down, super sensitive, argumentative and very insecure, teary etc..but not constantly. point is I am feeling depressed again. I have been thinking of upping my zoloft but I tried that once before. I had a bad reaction and deteriorated rather than improved. Hard to tell is it was the medication or the particular family crisis I was going through..

I would be really interested in opinions. Thank you all so much. Sorry about the muddled post.

J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread