It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User
emotional fallout from argument

I have just had the most horrible fight with my husband. I'm sorry I dont want to go into detail. We are a very well matched couple, we are true friends, I love him greatly and I am confident that he loves me too. We used to be great communicators and talk everything out but lately we seem to have lost this skill.
But life has deal a difficult situation. My husband is working terrible hours (not his doing) and is exhausted. I look after our three kids, suffer depression and am exhausted. We dont have much support so we get very little (actually none) time out.
But my fall out from the arguments is dreadful. I find it increadibly hard to bounce back and my depressio deepens for several hours afterwards. I cry a lot and feel increadibly vunderable and sad. I love him but I feel like I am destrying him with my confusion and misery. He is getting fed up and less and less tolerant.
I just feel shocking. I dont know how much to say anymore. In one sense i want him to understand me and why I feel the way I do and why I react the way to his comments the way I do. IN the other sense I know he needs my support and understanding just as much I need his so I think I should keep my mouth shut and let things be...
I am feeling shocking. THis is a ramble I know. But thanks
J

Old 10-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: emotional fallout from argument

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this. Taking care of three kids with little help is difficult for ANYONE, and if you have depression, it must be impossible. You didn't say what the argument was about, of if your husband said something in particular to upset you. Whatever it was, all you can do is try to continue on. Maybe try to talk about another day when you're not so emotional. Give yourself time.

Are you on any meds for your depression?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User
Re: emotional fallout from argument

HI Rita,
Thanks for your response. We have just been away for two days which is a rarety and it was terrific. We had just a moment to break the cycle of the endless exhaustion (we are still pretty tired but it's a different, normal parents of three children tired) I have no doubt that the cycle will start again and we'll end up having the same argument but hopefully I can think a little in the meantime about my responses and reactions.
I take lamictal and zoloft for my depression...I upped my lamictal on the same day as the arguement and I do actually feel a little more postiive but at theis stage its hard to say if it's the lamicatal or the weekend away. Time will tell.
Again thanks for the response, even though it's a couple of days since your post I hope you're still out there.
J

Closed Thread