It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

Litza55 HB User
Wellbutrin

Hey all,
I'm totally new in this web, just googling, looking for some help and found this site...
I was wondering if anyone knows about any other drugs beside the wellbutrin that works as well as wellbutrin?

I hated the Effexor that I was on for 1.5 yr and couldnt get off of it b/c of severe widrawl...finally could get off of it with the help of wellbutrin. Swiched to Wellbutrin and loved the way my brain could function but side effects started after 6 months and got worst (digestive system, gave me severe anxiety, wasnt able to sleep, vivid dreams, sweatting.., numness in hands..chest...missed my period for 2 months...) I cant go back to it b/c of the side effects.I really couldnt take it...I tried Lexpro, prozac for a week I hated them both, mostley prozac....

I want a drug as good as Wellbutrin that works on Norepinephrin and dopamin reuptake and functioning the whole brain w/o all the side effects...

I'm not on any medication for 6 months (I gave up...couldnt stand the anxiety wellbutrin gave me...)

right now I'm experiencing all that bad feelings and severe anxiety on top of that...

Dont know what to do...just started taking Clonazepam .5 for anxiety but scared to try anything else...if there is any other out there....I dont want to be a lab mice anymore....but frustrated....

please let me know if you have any suggestion....that I should consult w/ my MD...(I changed MDs so many times...I cant trust them anymore...)

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

nervousgirl HB User
Re: Wellbutrin

Hi Litza-

I know the feeling. I'm on my third doctor in under a year. I keep switching because they're crazy.

I'm on Wellbutrin and Klonopin too...Also Cymbalta (that's the current cocktail anyway).

I haven't found the Wellbutrin helpful so I'll be weaning off of it soon...I use the Klonopin for panic attacks and sleep mostly. I don't know what to suggest for a Wellbutrin substitute...Remyron's been mentioned to me but I can't vouch for it.

You probably know this but Prozac and Lexapro are completely different from Wellbutrin... if you found it useful (which I think is a miracle!) then I think you should look for another aminoketone.

Best of luck.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
(male)

eryximachus HB User
Re: Wellbutrin

Hello Litza,

I've been on Wellbutrin SR 150 mg (twice daily) for more than a year now. It's miraculous for me, no doubt. But similar to your experience, my level of anxiety was going up after taking it in the first month or so. My doctor then added Doxepin 10 mg to reduce the anxiety. He told me to take Doxepin twice daily. I tried, but then I became too tired. He then told me just to take Doxepin once daily, in combo with the Wellbutrin (twice daily). The combo seems to be working very well. My anxiety level rarely goes wild anymore. When it does, however, my doctor suggestion is just to take Doxepin twice daily again. When the anxiety goes down, I can decrease the Doxepin back to once daily.

Please don't give up on finding the perfect medicine for you. I've tried Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, Effexor, etc., but only Wellbutrin (and Doxepin) really work for me. It did took me a while to find the correct medicine and the process was indeed painful and frustrating everytime I had to go through the negative side effects before the medication kicked in. But it's really worth trying. My life is getting back to normal now, no more extreme withdrawal from people, no more extreme suicidal thoughts. There is so much life beyond depression. Best of luck to you!

eryximachus

Closed Thread