It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
(male)

rweyers2000 HB User
Do I suffer from depression?

I have been feeling like this for years on end.
I struggel to sleep, keep on tossing and turning in the evenings.
I always wake up feeling more and more drainded to go and do my work, which is not that stressfull, if you look at it.
I feel down during the c ourse of the hole day, and in the afternoons, some times (not alll of the times) i turn to alcohol to make me feel better, but after 2 day's of using the alcohol I feel even more drained than how I felt 2 days ago. Some mornings, when for instance, when I get my monthly check or recieve goog news from the wirk I am feeling happy and energetic for life, but this happy feeling only lasts for about an hour or so.
The only other thing that makes me happy when I am feeling so drained, apart from alcohol, is sex, but after the deed has been done I feel so emotionless.
Thant is the other thing that I am struggeling with and that is that I feel so emotionless. To give you an example, my grandmother died recently and I just stood at the service, and did not feel the need to cry. My dog whom I have had for about 7-8 months were killed by other dogs and that didn't even bother me the least. Even when there are people in a club which want to cause trouble, I usualy step in to solve the problem verbally without throuwing fists.
The problem I can not understand is that when I have something small wrong I get so agressive. To give you an example. My washing machine's spind cycle will be functioning perfectly the one minute, and then just stop functioning the nex, the reason is usually because it is over loaded, but I get so agressive that I want to break the thing.

Can you please tell me if this is depression or not, and what I can do to have it looked at, please.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

Cloverberry52 HB User
Re: Do I suffer from depression?

I didn't know I was suffering from depression until I started taking Trazodone (an adtidepressant) to help me sleep. I've suffered from depression since I was 13 but since I've been taking the Trazodone I've made a complete turn around. Trazodone is a mild prescription that was prescribed to me because of a brain injury to help me sleep. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about an anti depressant. My regular doctor prescribes this. Your regular doctor should be able to tell you if you need to see someone else.

Closed Thread