It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
25 mg of Zoloft help anybody ?

Has anyone been helped by taking 25 mg of Zoloft ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User
Re: 25 mg of Zoloft help anybody ?

Yes, initally 25 mg was just the tonic for my depression. I'm not sure whether it was the actual medication or the thought of having it as a backup to my own strengths, either way it did help. As time has gone on my depression has changed and so has my medication requirements, but yes, 25mg of zoloft did help me.
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Wonderful, as long as I'm doing good on 25, I'll stay there, I don't want to go up to 50, unless I need to.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User

I have come to truely beleive that you have to keep an open mind about medication. You have to be willing to believe in and trust what ever it is that you are taking. If you fight it then it wont work...if you recognise that it is there as a back up to your own ability's then it can be empowering. If you beleive in it and it's doing the job and then with time you find that it isnt enough or you need to adjust it, then it's for the right reasons rather than you being weak or anything negative...I hope that makes sense
I was very anxious about taking anything to start with but now I realise just how helpful they have been. Good luck to you.
J

Old 11-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Yes, I have been very scared to take medicine, I had tried Paxil and Celexa, and Elavil, and had very bad side effects, that were intolerable. So I was hesitant to start Zoloft, but so far, the side effects have been tolerable, and I'm doing ok. It's the best one I've tried, seems milder.

Closed Thread