It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

pepsigirl59 HB User
Wellbutrin (generic) and increased appetite

Has anyone ever taken Wellbutrin, the generic of, and been hungry alot? One of the side effects is supposedly loss of appetite. I wish I had that. But I seem to be more hungry and eating more and definitely gaining weigh cause my pants are tighter.
HELP!!
No one has responded so I guess its not a major side effect for anyone here!!

Last edited by pepsigirl59; 12-12-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
(female)

cd04 HB User
Re: Wellbutrin (generic) and increased appetite

Wow I know this thread is 3 years old but if the poster is still around, u just made my day...if there is just one other person who this happens to, that means it is possible & I'm not crazy I have now been on wellbutrin 3 times since 2008, tried the xl, the sr, & even the immediate release kind, @ different dosages too! I keep trying it cuz I like that it makes me feel happy & not depressed & like my life is over @ age 25, however each time without fail, after about 4 or 5 weeks I begin to eat like I am pregnant or on steroids, & tend to lose my desire for healthy foods, a lot of ice cream, cereal, chocolate & salty snacks, esp. NUTS!! even waking @ like 4am looking for a fix. It was in the news recently that this type of disordered eating is actually due to dysregulated dopamine pathways, I guess ppl like us should avoid antidepressants that work on dopamine! I would rather be depressed than fat. I know that sounds nuts but I have been obese most of my life & don't need the pounds!! Safe to say esp. after finding this post, my attempts with wellbutrin are over!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread